Assistant Manufacturing ManagerApply Job ID REF7565M Date posted 08/15/2022 Address 6875 Parkland Boulevard, Solon, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Permatex, Inc. a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW); is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Core brands include: Permatex®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, the Right Stuff® and Devcon® Home.
We are presently seeking candidates for a 2nd Shift Assistant Manufacturing Manager in our Operations Department.
Directs mixing, filling, and packaging activities in a safe, quality driven, and efficient manner at the Permatex Solon facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe, non-hazardous, non-threatening work environment.
- Ensure production activities satisfy internal and external customer demands.
- Ensure compliance to strict quality standard.
- Carry out and direct all production related activities in the most efficient manner per standard cost routings.
- Working with cross functional teams- supervisors/departments to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments and shifts.
- Coordinate maintenance support for production activities.
- Scheduling at all levels of internal activities – daily, short term, and long term.
- Investigate and propose long term operating, safety, cost, and quality improvements.
- Enforces housekeeping and safety standards as defined by Permatex Inc.
- Promotes and follows all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Recommends safety improvements as needed.
- Must be able to utilize company ERP systems for material planning and inventory lot control purposes.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
This job has supervisory responsibilities for: Working Supervisors, Machine Operators (A, B and C levels), Chemical Mixers, and Material Handlers.
- Management of Personnel: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Train, motivate, and discipline employees as necessary.
- Responsible for shift hiring and staffing; must maintain adequate staffing and employee skill sets to achieve company objectives.
- Perform annual performance reviews.
- A Bachelor’s degree in technical or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing operations, with supervisory responsibilities.
- Background in safety and environmental areas desired.
- Strong interpersonal abilities, communication to all levels and customer service skills are a must.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Must be organized.
- Proficient computer knowledge required.
- Must possess the ability to count and make simple arithmetic additions, subtractions, multiplications and divisions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving an employee, equipment, or resources.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned
ITW is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. ITW invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing email@example.com . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.