3rd Shift Machine OperatorApply Job ID REF3698H Date posted 09/16/2021 Address 6875 Parkland Boulevard, Solon, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Permatex, Inc. a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW); is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Core brands include: Permatex®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, the Right Stuff® and Devcon® Home.
We seek a 3rd shift Machine A Operator to join our Manufacturing Department at our Solon, OH location. The hours of this position are 11:00pm - 7:00am Sunday - Thursday.
Pay rate: $16.00-$20.00 per hour depending on skill set and experience. 3rd shift receives a $1.00/hr shift differential on top of hourly rate.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Performs manually and/or tends machines which perform various packaging functions such as, filling, labeling, packing, or closing containers.
- Responsible for minor adjustments, set-ups, changeovers, maintenance, cleaning and general operation of various filling and packaging machines.
- Organizes and performs job in accordance with bills of material and routing instructions.
- Responsible for quality inspection of goods to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Ability to identify problems and assist in troubleshooting.
- Assists in training of new operators and assists other teams as needed.
- Promotes and follows all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Recommends safety improvements as needed.
- Forklift/Tow motor experience required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment highly desirable.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Requirements of the job:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years previous experience as a Machine Operator in a Manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working with filling and packaging lines and/or consumer products
- Able to lift at least 65 pounds occasionally
- Able to stand for 6-8 hours per day
- Must be able to understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.