Product ManagerApply Job ID REF7055U Date posted 06/29/2022 Address 125 Venture Drive, San Luis Obispo, CA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Are you looking to grow or advance your career with a company that will support you to reach your full potential? We’re committed to investing in our people and aim to support our colleagues in their development and long-term career growth with ITW. Our decentralized, entrepreneurial culture empowers you to think and act like a business owner. We aspire for everyone to perform to their full potential and value the unique and diverse perspectives, experiences and ideas that makes us better together. The ITW Business Model gives us the tools to focus on what’s most important, and we’re grounded in our values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk. We’re proud of what we do and even more proud of how we do it.
We are looking for a dynamic Product Manager to join our team! Are you looking for a role where you can really make your mark on an organization? This position will drive a comprehensive strategic plan for the profitable management and growth of our core product categories (Slime and Fix-a-Flat to name a few). In case that wasn't enough, in a short 15 minute drive from the office you can experience some of California's most incredible coastline, hikes, and wineries. Come see what our "Slime" culture is all about!
Please note: this position is NOT remote and will require the candidate to be based in the San Luis Obispo, CA area.
- Own and drive the development and execution of a comprehensive strategic plan for the profitable management of pricing, gross margins, collateral materials & point-of-purchase.
- Manage the complete product lifecycle process from concept to delivery: Category Manage and communicate new product launches, SKU (stock keeping unit) rationalization, promotions to the regional Marketing / Sales teams effectively and pro-actively.
- Proactively understand the trends in the industry, related industries, and develop a deep understanding of the end user in order to guide strategic, tactical, and new product development needs within the category(s) for successful new product launches.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of competitive & market information including product catalogs, price lists, current promotions, new product introductions and regulatory issues.
- Attend trade shows, seminars and other industry events as necessary to stay abreast of market and industry trends.
- Act as the internal and external focal point for the resolution of product issues within the category(s) -- own your category.
- Lead cross-functional teams to achieve company objectives, as well as, act as the point of contact for manufacturing, purchasing, sales, quality and engineering.
- Provide product training to internal and external stake holders.
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters preferred (MBA)
- 3 years minimum in a Product Manager role (preferred in Consumer Goods); commercial experience is an advantage
- Experience with managing the complete life cycle of products (including Product development), conducting in depth market research (Marketing), and a strong financial acumen
- Proven experience successfully managing channels and/or customers
- Strong project management skills; ability to work effectively across functions and lead teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Presentation skills - to be able to create and present to both small and large audiences. Comfortable with presenting in front of a live audience and over other media such as WebEx, Zoom etc.
- Product training - ability to use, demonstrate and show key features and benefits of all products to both sales and marketing teams, retail customers and end users.
- Travel up to 25% will be required
ITW is committed to offering comprehensive, affordable, and flexible benefits that help you and your family be well – physically, mentally and financially. Includes Healthcare, industry-leading 401(k) plan with matching contributions and more. ITW is an equal opportunity employer. ITW will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.