Director of Product ManagementApply Job ID REF3293S Date posted 08/13/2021 Address 125 Venture Drive, San Luis Obispo, CA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Global Tire Repair, a division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a $14B multi-industrial manufacturing company, is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of tire repair solutions to global retailers and automotive OEMs. Core brands include: Fix-A-Flat®, Slime®, Genuine Innovations®, and Terra-S®.
We are looking for a dynamic Product Manager to join our team! Are you looking for a role where you can really make your mark on an organization? This role is a key enabler of long-term revenue growth and profits, driving organic growth. You will possess expertise in a wide range of standard product marketing methodologies and processes, solving complex product challenges and be a key driver to implement effective, process-based countermeasures which lead to the desired, sustained performance using data driven analytical tools. Possessing an ability to self-direct and exercise independent judgment, the product management leader will have effective interpersonal skills and champion customer focus in all aspects of the role. In case that wasn't enough, in a short 15 minute drive from the office you can experience some of California's most incredible coastline, hikes, and wineries. Come see what our "Slime" culture is all about!
- Drive product line revenue, growth and profitability, ensuring that product line meets AOP targets.
- Direct and manage a team of product managers and product marketing personnel to ensure product launches are effective and achieve sales goals.
- Drive new product development projects via the stage gate Product Development Portfolio process from the beginning phase of scoping the product through to the end phase of launch of the product.
- Lead Voice of the Customer (VOC) efforts to ensure that proposed product concepts meet the needs of the customer and provide value differentiation.
- Develop and implement plans to lead entire life cycle of all products from launch through obsolescence.
- Conduct regular leadership team review meetings to ensure program success.
- Key contributor to strategic plan development to provide long-term product line direction and life cycle management; similarly contribute to the annual operating plan development.
- Define market needs for new products; lead new product development teams and coordinate with external strategic partners to maintain a competitive product offering.
- Develop annual pricing strategies with justifications that include competitive product comparisons, internal portfolio rationalization and overall market trends.
- Work with Marketing to increase product visibility and lead generation
- Provide input for literature, advertisements, and other Marketing components. Participate in trade shows.
- Develop and implement all sales training activities to ensure alignment with the Marketing Strategy/ Plan.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred (MBA)
- 7+ years in a Product Manager role with increased responsibility; commercial experience (Consumer Packaged Goods) is an advantage
- Experience and knowledge in connected products and platforms.
- Experience working in a global environment and International markets
- Demonstrated project management skill and experience
- Proven success in leading, planning and implementing successful product line programs.
- Expertise in full product life cycle management.
- Proven analytical, commercial, and financial skills.
- Digital acumen and fluency
- Strong ability to synthesize the needs of the customer to develop new offerings and results.
- A flexible and open approach with evidence of strategic thinking, creativity, and vision in driving growth.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, presentation, time management and organization skills.
- Ability to both lead and work collaboratively in teams and support all levels of a large and complex enterprise.
Advanced Microsoft® Office
Global Tire Repair is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.