Desktop Support Technician-Temp to HireApply Job ID REF4897B Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 125 Venture Drive, San Luis Obispo, CA Job Type Contract Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Global Brands specializes in servicing the auto aftermarket, selling car care products under the Black Magic®, Blue Coral®, Fast Orange®, Fix-A-Flat®, Genuine Innovations®, Gumout®, No Touch®, Permatex®, Rain-X®, Slime®, and Spray Nine® brands. These brands compete in the wiper blade, engine repair, hand cleaner, appearance, cleaners & degreasers, tire repair and performance products segments of the automotive aftermarket.
We are currently recruiting for a Temp-to-Hire Desktop Support Technician to work with our IT team based in San Luis Obispo, CA. We foresee this role to be needed for an estimated timeframe of 3-6 months.
You will provide technical support for computer hardware and software for both an office and manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for daily break/fix tasks, project assignments and troubleshooting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor all incoming tickets to helpdesk system and ensure tickets are assigned to correct team members in a timely manner to support SLA parameters.
- Manage own helpdesk ticket queue, to work and resolve issues with Windows-based computers, printers, copiers, phones, O365 applications, and business applications within stated SLA.
- Build and configure computers, per team procedures.
- Manage inventory of computing assets, ensuring manual, physical computer inventory matches inventory in various automated systems (Active Directory, asset management system, end-point protection portal, etc.).
- Assist with the maintenance and administration of local area networks at assigned location (e.g. wiring, hubs, switches, etc.)
- Maintain and enforce hardware and software standards.
- Interface between end users and ITW IT service offerings (e.g. O365, Skype, SharePoint, FTP Hosting, Domain hosting, etc.)
- Maintain phone systems and provide mobile phones support to local users.
- Assist with backups of the server environment and participate in restore tests and requests.
- Assist with Local Information Technology Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Support Video Conference equipment and assist end users with usage/training.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in supporting Windows-based computers, networks, end-point protection, and Office applications.
- Basic understanding of pertinent computing and network protocols and technologies including, but not limited to, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, RDP, FTP, HTTP(S), SNMP, SMTP, SSH, and Telnet.
- Based in our San Luis Obispo, CA location.
- Highly motivated and energetic attitude with strong initiative and desire to learn.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, critical manufacturing environment.
- Logical, out-of-the-box thinking and good troubleshooting skills.
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal skills to effectively collaborate with end users, peers, and management in various U.S. and worldwide locations
- Customer service mindset with ability to communicate in a manner that empowers the end user to understand and utilize technology correctly; therefore, benefiting the business
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. ITW invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing email@example.com . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.