Sr. Quality EngineerApply Job ID REF2416H Date posted 05/07/2021 Address Brook Street, Salisbury, CT Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW (Illinois Tool Works Inc.) is a Fortune 200 company and is one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, automotive components, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with operations in 55 countries and an employee base of more than 48,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 granted and pending patents.
The Seats (HRB) and Motion business fits within the Seats, Safety & Motion Division and is a market leader in the manufacture of plastic head-rest bezels, battery indicators, and interior dampers and latches. Our business is seeking a Sr. Quality Leader that wants to be a part of a dynamic team located in our Lakeville, CT plant, supporting the needs of a Model Factory.
Are you adaptable, understands and participates in a hands-on approach? Are you influential in creating ideas for best practices and implementing to achieve desired results? Can you visualize, predict, and prioritize per business needs due to a strong desire to make difference?
This position reports to the Plant Manager.
The Sr. Quality Engineer will drive the development and execution of quality control programs on the manufacturing floor designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established customer requirements. Sr. Quality Engineer will work very closely with Manufacturing and Engineering.
Key Accountabilities -
1.Data Driven Analysis with Advanced Problem Solving –
- Advanced Engineering background with well-developed problem-solving techniques. Six-sigma black belt or similar experience.
- Drives a team orientated approach to problem solving. Trouble-shoot and problem solve on the production floor.
- Collaborates with other department leaders and all areas of the organization to implement lessons learned and verifies procedures and specifications are implemented.
- Minimize internal and external sort cost activities and accurately outlook sort cost through tracking and reporting.
2.Driver of improvements and development in the area of quality
- Ensures continuous improvement to enhance capabilities of the ITW Seats team to meet Business objectives and continued growth.
- Uses Failure mode analysis & actions to drive continuous improvement actions based on RPN’s to meet internal quality standards and product & customer specific requirements.
- Ensures that the production process runs to predefined standards and meets customer requirements ITW Business Requirements.
3.Designs and Develops Quality Operating Systems
- Develops policies, procedures and methods to evaluate and improve the quality of products, materials, components and/or operations.
- Removes complexity in procedures while maintaining robust practices to ensure adherence to IATF 16949, ISO & Customer Specific requirements.
- Ensure periodic internal audits are conducted and report on requirements for the site activities related to APQP and Quoting process.
4. Ensures successful product launch
- Assist with the qualifications and Dimensional Validations on prototype, pre-production, and, EPC (Early Production Containment) during product launch
- Internal product audits (develop schedules, assist in run rate, monitor action list)
- Perform Full Dimensional Studies, Process Capability Studies & Gauge R&R
- Assist manufacturing engineers with RPN reduction - creating and enhancing our PFMEAs and Control Plans based on lessons learned
- Collaborates with other department leaders to ensure cross functional team approach to all stages of launch.
- Ensures compliance throughout all quality testing and validation phases.
5.Customer & Supplier Management Scorecard
- Responsible for the mitigation of customer complaints and is the point of contact with the customer.
- Manages Customer Quality requirements & ensures compliance with Customer Scorecard requirements.
- Work closely with external vendors, contractors, and suppliers to ensure that final product meets organization's quality standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience.
- Automotive experience is preferred.
- Experience in specific areas/functions/roles - Experience should include a minimum of 6 years of quality manufacturing experience, knowledge of statistical process control, control plans, FMEA’s, process flow, PPAP, measurement system analysis, metrology, Problem Reporting and Resolution.
- Certified Lead Auditor preferred, IATF16949, ISO14001, will send for training if need be.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- The Senior Quality Engineer must possess strong English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Personal attributes including strong quality leadership presence, high-energy, detail oriented, data analysis, and data driven decision making
- Strong attention to detail, verbal, and written communication skills
- An inner drive to understand, communicate and exceed established goals
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.