Plastic Injection Mold TechnicianApply Job ID REF2511R Date posted 05/13/2021 Address Brook Street, Salisbury, CT Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
The foundation of our company is the ITW Business Model, a unique and differentiated set of core capabilities and business practices that comprises three key elements: ITW’s 80/20 Front to Back Process, customer-back innovation and a decentralized entrepreneurial culture. Our strategy is to leverage the full potential of the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns. ITW is committed to operational excellence and innovation that helps our customers create the products and services that make our lives better.
Injection Mold Technician will be based at our manufacturing facility in Lakeville, CT. Responsible for all aspects of the injection molding process including, to construct, alter and repair molds of a complex, intricate, precise nature. Continuous improvement of production yield and efficiency by defining and documenting standard procedures, implementing and monitoring process controls, troubleshooting, reducing rework/scrap by analyzing and eliminating root causes, and understanding production capacity.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: may include some of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain machines in proper operation: To include verifying set-up parameters of process, as well as condition of machine. Verify all monitors are on and set to proper parameters.
- Responsible for the set-up and change-over for both electric and hydraulic injection molding machines.
- Responsible for accurate mold set-ups; and process monitoring and maintaining a safe and clean workspace.
- Responsible for performing quality checks according to control plans and fill out quality / production paperwork prior to turning operation over to Floor Technicians.
- Maintains set-up sheets and production records for shift.
- Responsible for performing predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for start / stop of robotics.
- Operating hand tools, grinders, scales and drying equipment.
- Material handling, monitoring of auxiliary equipment, and minor maintenance required.
- Understand proper handling of scrap, disposition, and documentation.
- Responsible for communication with prior and oncoming shifts to give work assignments and expectations, to achieve production requirements and to promote shift interaction and awareness.
- Responsible for monitoring production for accuracy and efficiency while working with quality inspectors to ensure part quality / performance.
- Communicate production and mechanical issues/defects detected effectively.
- Must promote safety by abiding to all related policies and procedures of ITW SSM.
- Shift leader for the location.
- Follow all procedures as outlined by ISO 9001, OSHA and IATF 16949.
- 2 - year Associate degree in Machine Tool or equivalent training program
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in injection molding and tooling field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong mechanical ability
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- SHIFT / HOURS: 2nd Shift: Monday - Friday (3:00PM - 11PM)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.