Regional Sales Manager -Transportation (North Central/East Region) Remote Lower MichiganApply Job ID REF2805U Date posted 04/14/2022 Address Oregon 99E, Salem, OR Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Performance Polymers
Position Summary:As a dynamic and results-oriented Regional Sales Manager, you will drive business growth initiatives that leverage our highly differentiated solutions and achieve significant financial growth for Performance Polymers within our NA Transportation Segment. The region is West/Southwest including, but not limited to, the following states: TX, OK, KS, CA, WA, OR, AZ, CO, ID. This role will also support account support and development in Mexico.
- Develop and implement a robust plan to achieve significant growth within the territory.
- Align with distributor network to promote significant growth in region through identifying opportunities at major accounts and ensuring consistent regular follow-up with accountability for results.
- Tactical and operational planning with Segment Manager to determine primary objectives within region.
- Provide technical support to our end users via detailed plant auditing and training that reinforces our value proposition for the customer base.
- Identify market needs, trends, and opportunities within assigned territory.
- Partner with Business Development Manager and Segment Manager to develop and support new growth opportunities within the Automotive market.
- Able to effectively prospect new opportunities, identify decision makers and key influencers, tailor value propositions to specific customer needs, and close deals.
- Effectively utilize sales processes and tools in Salesforce (opportunities, call plans, dashboards) to achieve significant growth within the territory
- Effectively manage time to focus on the 80 and not get distracted with the 20.
- Effectively communicate with others inside and outside of the company in a professional, courteous and confident manner to promote customer service orientation and forward business needs.
- Identify and resolve customer pain points and offer solutions.
- Perform market/channel projects as required by the overall business strategy.
- Develop a high competency in the understanding and utilization of the ITW Toolbox concepts, most notably the 80/20 Front to Back strategy.
- Promote, support and adhere to all safety and quality related policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
5 to 10 year’s sales experience selling into Transportation or Industrial Markets with a strong growth track record
Demonstrated ability to identify and engage with target accounts, overcoming roadblocks along the way, to achieve higher than market rate growth and new customer penetration.
Strong acumen and experience with Value Prop / Value Selling, Sales Processes and CRM specifically SalesForce
Adhesives experienced strongly preferred.
Proficiency in MS Office Suite is required.
Must have a Valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel 50 percent or more.
Ability to sit and stand for up to 8 hours/day.
Ideal candidate resides in Oregon or a state within the geographic territory.
BS Degree in business, engineering or science-related discipline.
Technical proficiency in structural adhesives.
Fluency in Spanish
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.