Quality EngineerApply Job ID REF4580A Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 1 Research Park Drive, Saint Charles, MO Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Diagraph offers exciting career opportunities across the U.S. and abroad. At Diagraph, our employees experience a small company, family-like atmosphere. We empower all of our employees to “Make Their Mark” in the organization by adopting the entrepreneurial culture.
At Diagraph, we pride ourselves on offering our customers world-class solutions to meet their challenging product identification needs. As a leading manufacturer and distributor of inkjet coders, automated labeling systems, thermal transfer inkjet coders, and laser coders, Diagraph engineers and builds products to help manufacturers get products identified with manufacturing codes – such as lot codes, date codes, batch codes, barcodes – and out the door quickly and efficiently.
If you are a results driven, innovative and customer oriented person, Diagraph is the company for you!
The Quality Engineer develops, assures and maintains the quality of products and processes, including standard procedures (e.g., ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14000 family of standards), quality audits/review, etc. Develops methods for testing, sampling, and training as well as develop policies, procedures and initiatives to evaluate and improve the quality of products, materials, components and/or operations.
This is a key role within the Quality department as well as the organization.
- Responsible for driving process and product improvement initiatives across multiple functional disciplines
- Perform analyses of program requirements and prepare responsive quality plans, and procedures
- Develop and implement formalized quality system processes, procedures and work instructions
- Lead the efforts to gather, organize, monitor, analyze and report on information on products and processes
- Utilize various problem solving methodology to determine true root cause and drive corrective action
- Provide ongoing quality management system support to include performing internal audits, ensuring implementation of root cause corrective actions
- Evaluate non-conforming material
- Provide technical support for Assembly/Test/Inspection personnel to include executing improvement plans, developing inspection methods and criteria, specifying appropriate sampling plans, interpreting and revising specifications, and processing non-conforming materials
- Develop and deploy SPC initiatives internally and at suppliers
- Evaluate and make recommendations on critical supplier selections and drives supplier continuous improvement processes, including leading on-site audits, evaluating prototypes, and reviewing and approving of supplier corrective actions
- Develop new procedural controls to address all aspects of quality programs
- Develop and generate statistical reports on inspection activities and results, new product or process testing results, etc and recommends action as required
- Establish programs to evaluate the precision and accuracy of production and processing equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical methods
- Ability to mentor quality technicians and/or inspectors
- Monitor and mentor intern quality engineers
- Provide regular reporting of progress and status
- Specialties may include:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Supplier Quality Engineering
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20, PLS, and USa principles/techniques and makes process improvement recommendations to management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field and a minimum of 5 years of experience
- ASQ certification or Black Belt preferred
- Proficient with ISO Standards, Six Sigma tools, statistics
- Proficient in APQP
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to read blueprints
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication and writing skills
- Ability to define problems and drive to root cause and effective corrective action
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Diagraph Marking & Coding does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.