Mechanical Engineering TechnicianApply Job ID REF7907Y Date posted 09/14/2022 Address 1 Missouri Research Park Drive, Saint Charles, MO Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
At Diagraph, we pride ourselves on offering our customers world-class solutions to meet their challenging product identification needs. As a leading manufacturer and distributor of inkjet coders, automated labeling systems, thermal transfer inkjet coders, and laser coders, Diagraph engineers and builds products to help manufacturers get products identified with manufacturing codes – such as lot codes, date codes, batch codes, barcodes – and out the door quickly and efficiently.
If you are a results driven, innovative and customer oriented person, Diagraph is the company for you!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Mechanical Engineering Technician is responsible for assisting all levels of engineering projects with assignments including drawing creation, drawing revisions, product manuals, instructions, bill of materials.
- Creates and maintains drawings and models for new and current product lines.
- Coordinates Engineering changes
- Creates and maintains product manuals.
- Assist engineering and other departments with troubleshooting and various projects
- Creates and maintains part number and bill of material information.
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20, PLS, and USa principles/techniques and make process improvement changes to management.
Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting/Design, focus on mechanical design/drawings or electronic design strongly preferred.
- 2+years related experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Auto-Cad and SolidWorks knowledge
- Excellent problem solving, attention to detail and decision-making skills
- Technical aptitude and ability
- Good teamwork skills
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Preferred, but not required: Proficient in the knowledge and use of Adobe FrameMaker and Crystal Reports
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, sit and type, occasionally twist/turn, reach above shoulder and outward, stand, walk, bend, and grasp with hands.
2. The employee must carry up to 50 pounds occasionally and push and pull up to 20 pounds occasionally.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include concentrated attention, close vision, far vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to bring object into sharp focus.
Working Conditions: Working conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
1. Typical Office (80%)
2. Typical Plant (20%)
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position: Computer, Microsoft Office Suite, Engineering Software (SolidWorks, Adobe, AutoCad), Macola Software, calipers and scales, ohm meter, miscellaneous tools
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: None
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
"Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
All activities, demands, conditions and requirements are linked to essential job functions.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, ITW Marking & Coding does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.