Maintenance Technician $25-$30/hrApply Job ID REF3279X Date posted 08/09/2021 Address 1 Research Park Drive, Saint Charles, MO Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Today our corporate headquarters is located in St. Charles, MO (approximately 20 miles from St. Louis), where along with our production facilities in Gardner, KS and Bogart, GA we have nationally recognized, high quality converting operations, producing custom and stock labels for the Consumer Packaged Goods, Durable and Retail markets. Our quality management system is recognized to the ISO 9001:2008 standard, and our improved process and product quality controls are an integral part of our operations. Our printing technology utilizes Mark Andy flexographic web printing presses up to 20" wide, as well as digital and screen printing. Our capabilities include blank to 8 color labels, including four color process, UV, varnishes, laminates, two sided printing and much more. Our facilities produce labels and tags from a wide variety of paper and film materials for use in applications for over 4,000 customers worldwide.
ITWLabels is committed to continued growth and excellence. Investments are continually made in our business to incorporate new technologies and increase efficiencies. This expansion of capabilities and services will broaden our range and allow ITWLabels to be viewed as valuable business partner with our customers.
Ensures that all production equipment and plant utilities are functioning properly through preventative maintenance and troubleshooting mechanical issues.
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Diagnoses/troubleshoots, repairs deficiencies involving the equipment affecting production.
- Provides mechanical, electrical and pneumatic repairs.
- Building repairs: heat, light, hot/cold water and air conditioning.
- Dismantles machines or equipment, replaces defective parts and motors, and adjusts feed mechanisms.
- Cleans and lubricates machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears, and bearings.
- Clears clogged drains, and replaces plumbing fixtures.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors and/or operators. Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Follows all department work instructions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Flexographic and Digital printers preferred.
- Experience with a fork truck, safety training certification and a state driver’s license are required. Also experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics and mechanical troubleshooting/repair experience required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization. Must be able to read a blueprint.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written, or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.