Graphic DesignerApply Job ID REF599Y Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 1 Research Park Drive, Saint Charles, MO Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Today our corporate headquarters is located in St. Charles, MO (approximately 20 miles from St. Louis), where along with our production facilities in Gardner, KS and Bogart, GA we have nationally recognized, high quality converting operations, producing custom and stock labels for the Consumer Packaged Goods, Durable and Retail markets. Our quality management system is recognized to the ISO 9001:2008 standard, and our improved process and product quality controls are an integral part of our operations. Our printing technology utilizes Mark Andy flexographic web printing presses up to 20" wide, as well as digital and screen printing. Our capabilities include blank to 8 color labels, including four color process, UV, varnishes, laminates, two sided printing and much more. Our facilities produce labels and tags from a wide variety of paper and film materials for use in applications for over 4,000 customers worldwide.
Under minimum supervision electronically designs and prepares art and copy layouts for material to be screen printed or digitally imaged based on job requirements, customer specifications, and other related job information. Operates computer and other peripheral electronic equipment to complete job assignments.
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type and arranges layout based upon available space, aesthetic design, and production requirements.
- Enters information into computer equipment with mouse, keyboard, or scanner to create layouts for approval.
- Utilizing graphic software, prepares comprehensive illustrations, sketches, layouts, and copy for print reproduction according to customer and printing press specifications.
- Reviews production layout and suggests improvement as needed.
- Prepares sample of finished product layout and presents sample to supervisor for approval.
- Alters illustration to enlarge, reduce, or clarify image.
- Produces artwork films according to customer and print process specification.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot prepress equipment.
- Troubleshoots software problems.
- Associates Degree or certificate from technical school in computer operations, or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in graphic applications including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. Some CAD knowledge preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written, or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations.
- Must be able to work with multiple projects and be able to perform within tight deadlines, have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt to a changing environment and acquire new skills.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- The physical demands required while performing the duties of this job include: required regularly to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must sometimes lift / or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, toxic chemicals, and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.