Product EngineerApply Job ID REF7975E Date posted 09/29/2022 Address 1 Missouri Research Park Drive, Saint Charles, MO Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
At Diagraph, we pride ourselves on offering our customers world-class solutions to meet their challenging product identification needs. As a leading manufacturer and distributor of inkjet coders, automated labeling systems, thermal transfer inkjet coders, and laser coders, Diagraph engineers and builds products to help manufacturers get products identified with manufacturing codes – such as lot codes, date codes, batch codes, barcodes – and out the door quickly and efficiently.
Diagraph culture embraces entrepreneurial drive and thinking where you can provide significant impact. If you are results driven, innovative, and customer oriented, Diagraph is the company for you!
Total Rewards Package
Diagraph is a division of ITW a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader. We have the perks! Our total rewards package is broad and offers comprehensive support from health and wellness, to retirement and financial stability. For more details see https://www.itw.com/careers/benefits-compensation
The Product Engineer is responsible for pre-sales technical support and testing to ensure products/systems meet customer requirements. Additionally, will provide post-sales technical support to resolve customer issues. Primary role is to help define and support all pre-order requirements for accurate product solutions. Technical support includes application requirements review, site visits, product questions, and equipment set-up/test to verify best solution. Design application specific options to meet applications. Responsibilities also include product training for Sales, Service, and customers.
- Work with customers and sales representatives to define product solution that satisfies the application’s requirements, while maintaining company profitability.
- Provide technical and commercial assistance to Sales in preparation for customer meetings.
- Design of solutions, costing, and quotations as required to support sale opportunities.
- Validates pre-sales analysis of functionality of product when required.
- Participate in information gathering meetings with clients to determine the clients' needs, business goals, and desired outcomes.
- Presale technical, communication, and programming support for special applications.
- Sometimes this requires on-site customer support.
- Ensures order development activity is customer focused, results orientated, performance driven and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements.
- Consult with various departments as appropriate to resolve technical product issues. Advanced trouble shooting assistance to help desk, field service, and end users.
- Primary contact to for technical, engineering, design, and quality issues.
- Completes technical product training to departments including, Sales, Field Service, and Help Desk.
- Attend and support tradeshow activities including equipment set-up and customer demonstrations.
- Tests alternative techniques and methods; recommends changes in procedures or equipment as necessary. Evaluates items being considered for addition to product line.
- Benchmarks and evaluates competitive products. Supports new product development activities.
- Reviews and provides guidance to internal personnel on technical bulletins per product group.
- Participates in training sessions, seminars, and continuing education to stay abreast of new technical developments.
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20, PLS, and USa principles/techniques and makes process improvement recommendations to management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field or Associates degree with 5 or more years related experience.
- Preferred engineering skills include knowledge of electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, and computer programming.
- Five years of relevant experience, with at least two years in application engineering preferred.
- Experience in the design and development of programmed applications.
- Experience with SolidWorks or other design software preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a short period of time, multitask, and cope with deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to generate technical reports.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and teamwork skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and presentation skills.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, ITW Marking & Coding does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.