2nd and 3rd Shift Flexographic Operator $20-$25 hr.Apply Job ID REF722J Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 1 Research Park Drive, Saint Charles, MO Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Today our corporate headquarters is located in St. Charles, MO (approximately 20 miles from St. Louis), where along with our production facilities in Gardner, KS and Bogart, GA we have nationally recognized, high quality converting operations, producing custom and stock labels for the Consumer Packaged Goods, Durable and Retail markets. Our quality management system is recognized to the ISO 9001:2008 standard, and our improved process and product quality controls are an integral part of our operations. Our printing technology utilizes Mark Andy flexographic web printing presses up to 20" wide, as well as digital and screen printing. Our capabilities include blank to 8 color labels, including four color process, UV, varnishes, laminates, two sided printing and much more. Our facilities produce labels and tags from a wide variety of paper and film materials for use in applications for over 4,000 customers worldwide.
Set up and run Flexographic Presses. Maintain high quality parts during the printing process, while at the same time keeping up with production rates, scrap rates and safety standards.
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Set color print to print and set impressions to operate flexographic presses.
- Set dies in the press and get the die to cut substrate.
- Replace master roll at the end of the press and remove waste roll.
- Maintain flexographic press running speeds, tension and alignment of printing plates and checks for quality.
- Adjust position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or spearing previously printed areas.
- Complete paperwork required and complete Quality Assurance sign off.
- Document material usage and time.
- Set-up ink and tooling equipment required per customer specifications.
- Monitor and adjusts ink colors to ensure consistency throughout entire press run.
- Monitor quality of converting process.
- Make adjustments to ensure quality run with low waste.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to schedule.
- Verify that information is consistent between specification sheets, procedure sheets, requisitions, color standards, proofs and other sources of information.
- Verify ink and coating, stock and other material staged at the press by crew and support staff is correct.
- Start press and obtain acceptable color, fit, registration and position in the least amount of sheets possible.
- Scan sheets to verify accuracy and clarity of printing along with color density.
- Pull sample for Quality Assurance.
- Assist in the general cleaning of work station and surrounding area.
- Train and educate Feeder and Press Helper on operational procedures and technical aspects of lithography while delegating responsibilities and duties to them.
- Cleans rubber plates, cylinder, dye fonts, and lubricates press as needed.
- Remove plates from press.
- Report inventory deficiencies to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Stage printer material for next department or process.
- Follow all department work instructions.
- The minimum education required for this position is a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Position requires past experience with flexographic presses.
- The minimum related language skills required for this position is the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- This position requires an ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- This position requires an ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- The incumbent in this position is regularly required to stand, walk, carry, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use manual dexterity – hand / finger coordination, grasp, reach, and lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The incumbent in this position is occasionally required to climb, sit for prolonged periods of time and speak / articulate.
- Employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.