Structural EngineerApply Job ID REF3499W Date posted 08/31/2021 Address 8801 Folsom Blvd #107, Sacramento, California Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Alpine is seeking a Structural Engineer to join our growing team.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
Provide customers with truss designs that are both economically feasible and structurally sound using design aids and experienced engineering judgment. Independently evaluates, selects, and applies engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using engineering judgment to make appropriate adaptations and modifications to truss designs. Assignments require the investigation and analysis of multiple truss variables to determine the most appropriate engineering design. Provide support and technical input for Alpine’s engineering software development.
- Create complex engineering drawings for both truss components and overall truss systems. Perform truss designs and frame analyses with complex repairs of designs with the aid of computerized, proprietary truss analysis and design software, provided a re-evaluation of the entire structural system is not needed, while meeting deadlines for turn-around time of design.
- Utilize information taken from documents, verbal instructions, or from the framing layout plans submitted by the customer and apply engineering principles to daily design work with specific proficiency in statics and strength of materials. Reviews, corrects, and completes all customer-generated designs, according to design specifications and appropriate engineering principles. Correctly applies general engineering notes as required.
- Provides technical consultation services to customers for innovative design solutions to resolve problems and answer questions such as design improvements, calculation of special loads, assist with plan takeoffs to determine best structural and most economical wood or steel truss system, as needed.
- Perform field inspections and on-site investigations by evaluating and analyzing the structure to accurately assess repair requests, determine possible reasons for below standard truss performance or failure, or other structural concerns related to the truss system.
- Reviews drawings created by entry level Engineers and Designer/Drafter for completeness and technical accuracy prior to sending to customers. Assist with training of entry level engineers and designer/drafters to ensure consistency and accuracy within Alpine’s design process.
- Provide high quality customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Provide engineering expertise and engineering improvements to the software development team.
BS in Civil Engineering, or related discipline where statics, strength of materials, structural analysis and structural design are core requirements, or a combination of specialized academic training and experience which equates with a B.S. degree. Minimum of 5 years related engineering experience. P.E. Certification required.
3 years’ experience with drafting techniques and presentation of truss designs. Knowledgeable of truss terms and technical engineering terms and their use.
Able to apply engineering principles to daily design work with specific proficiency in statics and strength of materials.
3 years’ experience with plating methods, light gauge steel connection methods, general engineering notes and their application, and design manuals and span tables.
Able to read and interpret roof layouts and blueprints, creating complex truss takeoffs from these and determining structurally sound and cost-effective truss configurations. Proficiency in plan takeoffs and determination of the best structural solutions and most economical systems.
Fully knowledgeable of design policies and applicable design standards and building codes.
Proficient in MS Office software.
Excellent communication and documentation skills with the ability to work independently and in teams.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.