Plant ManagerApply Job ID REF3427M Date posted 08/24/2021 Address 86 Chancellor Drive, Roselle, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
ITW Commercial Construction North America is seeking a Plant Manager to provide leadership and support to our Roselle, IL manufacturing plant to manufacture a product that satisfies our cost, quality, and service requirements. The Plant Manager establishes high performance expectations and holds the team accountable. A critical component of this role will be to drive change and improvement within the plant while setting an example of safety, integrity, teamwork and excellence. This position reports to the CCNA Director of Operations and is based in our Roselle, IL facility.
- Actively manages a safety program that supports a positive safety culture that achieves zero incidents.
- Drives plant leadership accountability for the disciplined use of SOP/JSA in training/operations and troubleshooting
- Ensures a culture of accountability & a Say/Do culture to achieve results Drives a strong safety culture ensuring a safe and healthy workplace
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement
- Establish visual management systems as well as pull systems or Kanban
- Able to build and develop a strong and diverse team of direct reports.
- Identify, lead and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals. This may include selecting and on-boarding talent, communicating effectively to foster a culture of engagement, cascading vision, creating goal alignment; and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management.
- Champions the ITW toolbox and exhibits relentless focusing on our 80 customers, products and processes that reduces complexity throughout the operation.
- Reduces complexity in all processes using ITW tools (USa, MRD, In-Lining, etc.).
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and improve current quality standards through the development and implementation of clear KPIs and continuous improvement projects.
- Assure compliance with EPA, OSHA, and State regulations concerning safety, waste management, water management, and hazard controls.
- Direct plant leadership in the coordination, communication, and attainment of daily /weekly production schedules assuring customer needs/commitments are met on by utilizing MRD planning.
- In collaboration with the sales team; apply capacity/scheduling model and manage manufacturing capacity and constraint issues to maintain customer service levels and meet delivery commitments.
- Utilize systems and resources to proactively maintain and conserve capital equipment, including driving pro-active preventive maintenance and repair programs. Prioritize issues and activities to develop sustainable improvement in equipment performance.
- Monitor raw material purchasing and inventory control to ensure on-time raw material availability to production based on MRD demands.
- Communicate clearly the high-performance expectations and address mediocre performance/role fit issues with conviction
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or technical related degree preferred
- 5+ years of successful plant leadership experience (metals manufacturing and fabrication preferred).
- Knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, capex, resource allocation and human resources) required.
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously under urgent, time pressure and delivery constraints
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding and proficiency in all computer-related software
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory laws and responsibilities as it pertains to the position (i.e. OSHA, EPA, NFPA).
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading and implementing continuous improvement and process and production management with programs/principles such as: 80/20, USa, 5S, KanBan, etc.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.