Machine/Equipment Operator - 1st ShiftApply Job ID REF3319L Date posted 08/13/2021 Address 84 Chancellor Drive, Roselle, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
This position is responsible for the operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment in order to produce according to quality specifications in an efficient and safe manner.
- Operate a minimum 3 complete lines of in-lined equipment for manufacturing of fasteners for commercial construction applications.
- Maintains machinery through preventive maintenance
- Performs quality checks in adherence to specifications sheets; will also be responsible for documentation.
- Drives safety practices and procedures including identifying safety hazards.
- Ensures all housekeeping practices and procedures are met
- Performs 5-S activities and improvements as required
- Works with other team members and participates in team events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM CST Monday - Friday. Some overtime, including weekends may be required.
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- At least one year of experience in high-volume manufacturing highly preferred (e.g. equipment setup/operation/changeover, use of measurement tools and knowledge of preventive maintenance)
- Willing to work assigned shift with some mandatory overtime including weekends
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand basic machinery
- Prior experience with hand tools (e.g. wrenches)
- Ability to recognize and identify parts, problems, and offer resolution
- Ability to read blueprints / specification sheets and follow instructions
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Successfully complete on-the-job training (blueprint reading and measurement tools, etc.)
- General housekeeping duties
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.