Continuous Improvement EngineerApply Job ID REF1705I Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 86 Chancellor Drive, Roselle, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer will drive efficiencies in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and cost reduction. This is a hands-on role that will support the manufacturing processes by driving the attainment of goals and KPI’s through working with Plant Leadership. Needs to be self-motivated, energetic leader who will recognize areas needing improvement, implement effective solutions, and provide training to guide positive changes in plant processes and procedures leveraging the ITW Toolbox.
- Develop, test, and implement process adjustments and/or new manufacturing techniques to reduce manufacturing costs and waste, and to improve safety, product quality, manufacturing efficiency, and machine reliability.
- Lead change through facilitating USa Events, writing standard operating procedures, and training key production employees on new work procedures and processes.
- Utilizing ITW Toolbox training, identify and lead changes using 80/20, Inlining, USa, Product Line Simplification, and Market Rate of Demand tools as appropriate.
- Provide key troubleshooting on dies, tooling, and machine parts to improve production processes.
- Train and monitor operators on proper die setup/changeover techniques.
- Design new parts to improve machine performance.
- Revise and develop prints for current tooling and production part using CAD/Solidworks.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Perform capacity planning and provide solutions to meet continued growth. Manage capital projects from quoting/approval stage through training & implementation.
- Support maintenance in root cause analysis, strategies to reduce mechanical downtime, and drafting and implementing preventive maintenance practices.
- Perform other tasks and functions as directed for the benefit of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Required; Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in high-volume manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and application of design, engineering and technology, computers and electronics, technology design, and problem solving
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and /or SolidWorks CADD software
- Experience with Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma Tools, Lean Manufacturing, Automation, and Capital Project a plus
- Safety focused mindset able to identify unsafe actions/conditions
- High level of written and oral communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations
- Self-starter with a lot of energy to see projects through to completion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data analysis
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, within typical manufacturing working conditions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to fumes, heat and dust, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. This manufacturing plant is not air conditioned. The noise level in the work environment is high when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Having to work or come in off-shift may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently required to walk, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to sit. The employee must often lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.