2nd Shift Maintenance TechnicianApply Job ID REF5063J Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 86 Chancelor Drive, Roselle, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer-centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Support the manufacturing operations of a variety of in-lined manufacturing cells to cold head, point, and thread-roll fasteners for commercial construction applications
- Instructs and directs activities of workers in production ensuring setups are completed accurately and timely.
- Monitor and track accurate production output across all cells of responsibility, completing production control documents recording accurate downtime, scrap, quality non-conformances, and preventative maintenance logs.
- Required to maintain quality of parts produce, maintaining specified tolerances, performing in-line manufacturing inspections as well as finished product inspections, adhering to specifications sheets; will also be responsible for documentation; informing supervisors of quality problems.
- Support the training of operators on operation of the equipment, following training plans, standard operating procedures, quality and inspection requirements, machine maintenance, housekeeping, and general workplace safety practices.
- Perform setups, troubleshooting, and maximize productivity over multiple cells being operated and maintained by equipment operators.
- Adjusts settings of dies on controls, as required, to produce product within specified tolerances and meeting quality standards.
- Starts machine to begin production and observes machine operations for evidence of malfunction and products for defects.
- Maintains, oils, and cleans machines on a regular basis. Drains and cleans oil trays; dumps scrap, and sweeps floor to maintain housekeeping standards.
- Conducts audits for safety and housekeeping during the shift and with the team addresses these issues. Participates in safety incident investigations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CONTRIBUTES TO TEAM SUCCESS - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- INITIATES ACTION – Demonstrates ability to take prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- QUALITY ORIENTATION – Demonstrates ability to accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- SAFETY AWARENESS – Demonstrates ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- WORK STANDARDS - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- High School Diploma/GED, required.
- Must be able to work up to 40 hours, mandatory overtime, including weekends.
- Must have level 4 operator training with 3+ years of header/pointer/roller setup and troubleshooting experience
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret business and technical documents, productivity charts, procedure manuals, etc., the ability to prepare required routine reports and correspondence, the ability to communicate effectively with others, using skill and diplomacy and have the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work within established health, safety and quality guidelines.
- Must be able to organize the workload and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers/decimals and the ability to apply concepts of business math to practical situations.
- Must be able to apply understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format.
- Must possess strong knowledge, understanding and experience in various problem-solving and participatory management techniques.
- Must possess ability to lead, plan, and initiate actions during periods of representation of supervision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, within typical manufacturing working conditions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to fumes, heat and dust, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is high when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to grip, grasp, reach, push and pull with hands and arms, walk, stand, speak and listen. Occasionally climb, kneel, bend, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this position to include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.