Software Engineer Intern - Summer 2023Apply Job ID REF8659O Date posted 11/18/2022 Address 19875 South Diamond Lake Road, Rogers, MN Job Type Intern Job Status Non-Exempt
Established in 1986, North Star Imaging, Inc. is the domestic leading manufacturer of turn-key 2D Digital X-ray and 3D X-ray Computed Tomography systems for the Industrial Nondestructive Testing industry. As demand continues to increase both nationally and internationally, NSI now operates in five offices across the globe; Minnesota, California, Florida, Massachusetts, the United Kingdom and China.
Companies throughout the world rely on NSI's expertise and equipment to create high quality, efficient and profitable products. Become a key player to our growing success and have the opportunity to excel in a high-tech and advancing industry.
The Software Engineer Intern assists in developing and improving state-of-the-art software for digital radiography and computed tomography.
- Develop and support software for use in computed tomography and digital radiography acquisition and processing.
- Develop and support algorithms for image processing, computer vision, data science.
- Improve software performance using parallelization and GPU(s) programming.
- Conduct and establish test plans to validate computer software and computation algorithms.
- Develop and support software interface to a variety of hardware devices: X-ray detectors, X-ray sources, optical cameras, motion components.
- Create technical documentation that describes the software’s functionality.
- Communicate new developments and findings to internal and external customers, or professional conferences.
- Assist service department during system installations and troubleshooting.
- Teamwork: help maintain legacy code, project planning, platform architecture evolution
- Completed Junior or Senior prior to starting internship.
- Required Skills
- C++ and C#
- GUI design (WinForms, WPF)
- Preferred Skills
- GPU programming (CUDA or OpenCL)
- 3D graphics (OpenGL)
- Image analysis, computer vision
- Computed tomography
- Data science
What North Star Imaging Offers:
- Full time opportunities may be available upon completion of internships
- A strong culture of collaboration among teams across the US and internationally (both in office and remote)
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family plus a very impressive 401k match
- Mission-driven team members who love what they do and go the extra mile to help customers, support the company’s rapid growth, and build up one another for overall growth and development
- A focus on diversity of talent and thought throughout all aspects of the organization
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.