Global Sales DirectorApply Job ID REF8544Q Date posted 11/08/2022 Address 19875 South Diamond Lake Road, Rogers, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Established in 1986, North Star Imaging, Inc. is the domestic leading manufacturer of turn-key 2D Digital X-ray and 3D X-ray Computed Tomography systems for the Industrial Nondestructive Testing industry. As demand continues to increase both nationally and internationally, NSI now operates in five offices across the globe; Minnesota, California, Florida, Massachusetts, the United Kingdom and China.
Companies throughout the world rely on NSI's expertise and equipment to create high quality, efficient and profitable products. Become a key player to our growing success and have the opportunity to excel in a high-tech and advancing industry.
The Director of Sales reports directly to the General Manager and sits on the Leadership Team for North Star Imaging. They are responsible for leading the entire sales organization including outsides sales and inside sales enablement specialists. The Director of Sales oversees the contracts, training, goals, and drives the focus and targets for the sales team. The Director of Sales manages, leads, and provides direction to the sales team to create a positive experience for internal and external customers and to deliver growth for the business by meeting aggressive targets. They will also assist in managing and developing key relationships with core customers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for territories, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Leads sales team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Leads sales team job results by coaching employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other duties as needed to support success for the sales organization
What You Bring:
- Strong background in driving sales results
- Ability to manage, develop, coach, and assist a talented sales team nationally
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time when necessary
- BA/BS required, MBA or graduate degree is a plus
- Knowledge/experience selling radiography/tomography systems or services is a plus
- Track record of having sold into C Suite with multiple decisions makers and stakeholders
- Experience in sales leadership
- Strong experience in complex contract negotiations
- Energy and positivity to instill into the North Star Imaging culture; Confident team leadership
- Hands-on, proactive, and able to lead a developed and newly formed group of talented individuals
- Experience working cross-functionally with sales operations, product, and finance
- Willingness to work and collaborate in office in Rogers, Minnesota
What North Star Imaging Offers:
- A strong culture of collaboration among teams across the US and internationally (both in office and remote)
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family plus a very impressive 401k match
- Mission-driven team members who love what they do and go the extra mile to help customers, support the company’s rapid growth, and build up one another for overall growth and development
- A focus on diversity of talent and thought throughout all aspects of the organization
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.