Electrical DesignerApply Job ID REF8680I Date posted 11/21/2022 Address 19875 South Diamond Lake Road, Rogers, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Established in 1986, North Star Imaging, Inc. is the domestic leading manufacturer of turn-key 2D Digital X-ray and 3D X-ray Computed Tomography systems for the Industrial Nondestructive Testing industry. As demand continues to increase both nationally and internationally, NSI now operates in five offices across the globe; Minnesota, California, Florida, Massachusetts, the United Kingdom and China.
Companies throughout the world rely on NSI's expertise and equipment to create high quality, efficient and profitable products. Become a key player to our growing success and have the opportunity to excel in a high-tech and advancing industry.
The NSI Electrical Designer is an integral part of the engineering team that keeps NSI on the cutting edge of NDT technology. This position sustains existing product and supports technical innovations to industrial x-ray, automation, and CT products from prototype to commercialization.
What you'll do:
- Review the design and help resolve the details not completely defined.
- Develop specification, design or drawing using engineering principals, established NSI standards, procedures, and instructions. Follow NSI best practices, policies and procedures in the design, layout, and documentation of NSI custom and standard products.
- Provide the required level of documentation for custom or standard projects.
- Verify completed work; Checks cross references, Bills of Materials, materials to be used, quantities, and adherence to Best Practices.
- Resolve electrical documentation and system problems with designed or purchased parts used in a design. Assure that any changes are documented and prepared in accordance with engineering change procedures and in a timely manner.
- Prepare floor layouts and facilities requirements for customer installations.
- Interface with manufacturing to support product assembly, wiring, troubleshooting and installation.
- Interface with project management and team members to ensure projects meet schedule and delivery requirements.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects and prioritize to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Provide electrical design support throughout product lifecycle.
- Develop working knowledge of X-ray and NDT techniques through NSI technical experts.
- Prepare and participate in internal design reviews with cross functional team.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of software, controls, and NDT engineers to develop innovative solutions.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalency & minimum Associates degree or Vo-tech certificate in drafting, design, industrial design, industrial engineering, electronics
- 4 years or more of drafting/design experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical software package
- Broad knowledge of documentation and quality systems, including engineering change and ISO 9001.
- Knowledge of automation components including servo motors, PLC hardware, and cabling design and layout
- Excellent written and verbal English communication.
- Experience with SolidWorks EPDM is a plus
- Experience with industrial robots is desired
What North Star Imaging Offers:
- A strong culture of collaboration among teams across the US and internationally (both in office and remote)
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family plus a very impressive 401k match
- Mission-driven team members who love what they do and go the extra mile to help customers, support the company’s rapid growth, and build up one another for overall growth and development
- A focus on diversity of talent and thought throughout all aspects of the organization
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.