Material Handler 3rd ShiftApply Job ID REF8736D Date posted 11/29/2022 Address 22501 Bohlmann Parkway, Richton Park, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW is a Fortune Manufacturing Company with Multi-Billion Dollar revenue and fifty thousand employees world-wide. Known for innovation, diversification, and excellent financial performance.
The Body and Fuel Division drive profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Body and Fuel enhances our customers’ competitive advantage. Body and Fuel is a business group within ITW’s Automotive segment with manufacturing locations in North America. Our Body and Fuel products are made up of housings and doors, innovative Capless solutions and charge ports for major OEMs around the world.
Ensure proper materials, color changes and support to Setup Technicians is done on regular basis in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain a proper flow of material to area of responsibility so that operation does not cease for lack of supplies.
• Make material/color changes in a timely manner to include leaving the workstation clean and organized
• Ensure product is stored and utilized in FIFO mode.
• Perform problem-solving techniques in evaluating material vacuum/drying system problems.
• Move, wrap and label finished product when so directed. Document lot control where required.
• Removes any old labels from gaylords, boxes and totes.
• Maintain proper rotation of raw material/components. Support Set-up Technicians as needed
• Responsible for using pallet walkie to move material to the blending area and placing pallets in the correct order so they properly set up the vacuum area.
• Must clean filters hourly to make sure material is properly flowing at the correct percentage through the blender.
• Report inventory of raw goods to the materials team weekly by doing a physical inventory in the rack area.
• Responsible for the upkeep of the blending machines daily by cleaning out the hoppers to make sure they are ready for next blend.
• High school diploma or GED required or equivalent work experience
• 1+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment required
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally with good organizational skills required. Must be detailed orientated.
• Must have basic computer skills Must have a basic knowledge of machine operation and plastic injection molding
• Motivated to grow and develop skills for advancement
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends and overtime
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to handle, frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Prior Material Hander experience, with use of Forklift and/Hand Jacks.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Body & Fuel NA is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.