Maintenance TechnicianApply Job ID REF3207Y Date posted 08/25/2021 Address 364 Stafford Boulevard, Pontotoc, MS Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Alpine, an ITW company, currently has an opening for a Maintenance Technician in its Pontotoc, MS facility.
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
· Performs electro-mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic trouble shooting, repair and general preventative maintenance procedures on all production, warehouse, facility and plant equipment.
· Using multi-meters, amp meters and ohm-meters, troubleshoot AC/DC/VFD/servo motors, motor controllers, PLC’s and rewire/ identify/replace failed components to include: motors, drives, drive boards, I/O boards, switches, transformers, contactors, relays and fuses.
· Programs PLC’s and VFD motors as required.
· Repairs, replaces defective parts maintaining MRO inventory as required. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Rebuilds and repairs all equipment that is in need of repair.
· Sets up and operates lathe, milling machine, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking machines to manufacture and repair parts as needed
· Implements a preventative maintenance program for all production and support equipment including training of production associates in equipment operation and preventative maintenance processes
· Contributes to product/quality/process improvement efforts by initiating and participating in problem-solving/improvement teams recommending ideas/changes to business processes, procedures, materials and equipment and implementing recommendations
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with safety processes, procedures and regulations. Follows all lockout/tagout procedures before performing equipment maintenance as required.
· Performs other responsibilities, projects as assigned. Contributes to team effort in a cooperative, supportive team manner.
· Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Possess a strong electro-mechanical aptitude, with strong understanding of electricity. Ability to use basic machine shop equipment, hand tools, forklift, and material handling equipment
· Ability to read and understand schematics in order to troubleshoot complex equipment problems.
· Must be able to work overtime as required to meet production’s needs as well as flexibility to work around scheduled production hours. Will require some off shift work
· Must have a high level of safety awareness and a record of good safety habits.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.