Machine Equipment Operator - 2nd ShiftApply Job ID REF2245T Date posted 04/14/2021 Address 364 Stafford Boulevard, Pontotoc, MS Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Alpine, an ITW company, currently has an opening for a Machine/Equipment Operator 2nd Shift (3:30 pm - 2:00 am, Monday-Thursday) in its Pontotoc, MS facility.
Alpine is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Ensures that the press and related equipment is properly set up for production.
- Performs daily equipment maintenance as stated on the maintenance check sheets. Notifies maintenance personnel if machine needs other than basic maintenance attention.
- Maintains production run sheets ensuring that all information is documented and accurate.
- Ensures that the product is handled and packaged in the correct manner.
- Cleans and maintains immediate work area on a daily basis.
- Assembles boxes necessary for daily production and records boxes/bundles produced as required.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/general education degree (GED) preferred or 6-months related machine operation experience and/or training
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to carry out instructions
- Ability to problem solve to identify the root cause of problems
- Demonstrate a willingness to cooperate in a team environment
- Must have ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work 2nd shift hours 3:30 pm - 2:00 am and over time when scheduled
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.