Production ManagerApply Job ID REF2701U Date posted 06/04/2021 Address 1600 Patrick Drive, Pocahontas, AR Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from Pro end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
Provide leadership and support to production team and assigned shift supervisors and leads in order to manufacture a product that satisfies our cost, quality, and service requirements, while setting an example of teamwork, integrity and excellence that supports the company culture and values.
- To promote, lead direct reports to ensure that safety is aggressively promoted through employee awareness and participation. Work with Engineering to integrate safety and ergonomic improvements into machine layout and design. Will interpret, communicate and implement procedures regarding safety compliance, hazard elimination, and accident prevention and may be a point of contact for regulatory interface. Will drive continuous improvements in plant safety performance record.
- Monitor and modify metrics which, track achievement of facility goals for safety, quality, cost, delivery, scrap and inventory management and direct activities which achieve continuous improvement in each. Direct shift facilitators in the coordination, communication, and attainment of daily /weekly production schedules assuring customer needs are met on an MRD basis. Ensures quality processes will be consistently employed both at the production cells and by the shift facilitators. The incumbent will identify barriers/constraints to the process. When quality issues are identified the incumbent will work with Engineering to identify the root cause of issues and discrepancies, and drive corrective action.
- The incumbent will apply capacity/scheduling model and understand and manage manufacturing capacity and constraint issues. Ensure balanced shift flow. Utilize systems and resources to proactively maintain and conserve capital equipment, including driving pro-active preventive maintenance and repair programs. Prioritize issues and activities and work with Engineering to develop sustainable improvement in equipment performance.
- Identify, lead and develop talent in order to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals. This may include selecting and on-boarding talent, communicating effectively to foster a culture of engagement, cascading vision, creating goal alignment; and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, and regularly required to walk. Must be able to lift 40 lbs., able to walk and stand for long periods. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Position requires occasional travel and overnight stay.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Engineering (preferred) or equivalent and approximately 5 - 7 years previous operations management experience including front line supervision, forecasting, scheduling and real-time operations management
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple departments, including production, shipping and receiving, etc. within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience in Safety Leadership within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience coaching and developing of exempt and non-exempt staff
- Experience in facilitating or supervising in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in OSHA and quality systems
- Leadership experience in an empowered work team environment
- Disciplined self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.