Maintenance/Repair Technician - 3rd ShiftApply Job ID REF52A Date posted 06/03/2021 Address 1600 Patrick Drive, Pocahontas, AR Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Paslode, a division of ITW’s North America Construction Businesses, has continued to shape the way homes are built for the past 50 years. As the pioneer and leading provider of innovative, differentiated fastening solutions for wood to wood construction, we offer trades and builders a line of highly engineered tools and fasteners that increase productivity and help them achieve higher quality construction.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
Paslode, an ITW company, currently has an opening for a Maintenance/Repair Technician I (3rd Shift - 10:00 pm-6:30 am, Sun-Th) in its Pocahontas, AR facility to provide timely support to manufacturing for optimum equipment performance and maximum space utilization.
- Maintain and perform moderate to major repairs on production and auxiliary machinery including set-up and adjustments in a manufacturing environment. This includes, but not limited to; mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, facility, grounds, compressor, cooling towers, and shipping equipment.
- Provide key trouble shooting on machinery, ensures preventative maintenance requirements and provides set up and changeover of tooling.
- Assist and help train on production preventive maintenance and machine operators on maintenance problems and repairs.
- Perform special projects as determined by the Project Engineer/Plant Engineer.
- Flexible to work around scheduled production hours. Will require off shift work.
- Requires education, training and experience equivalent to a high school diploma supplemented with coursework in shop machinery, basic electrical, mechanical, and plumbing, shop mathematics, mechanical drawing and blueprint reading, with at least 3 years of directly related experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Electrical - basic understanding of electrical control circuits, including ability to trace circuits using electrical schematic diagrams. Ability to install and operate electrical fixtures, wiring and controls, read and follow wiring diagrams. Skill in removing and replacing electrical fixtures and controls; making repairs; rearranging old or installing new outlets, relays, switches, and light fixtures; testing circuits; measuring, cutting and bending wire and conduit to specified lengths and angles. Knowledge of mechanical theory and pneumatic and hydraulic principles to repair electro-mechanical devices. Basic knowledge of the NEC system and application.
- Plumbing - basic knowledge of the installation and operation of various supply, disposal and utility systems and equipment, such as water, compressed air, and gas systems, fire sprinkler equipment and water closets
- Machining/Mechanical - skill to perform a full range of operations on most types of conventional machine tools and their various attachments; ability to fabricate moderately complex machine wear parts to close tolerances; sheet metal fabrication using welders, brakes, sheet metal press, formers, nibblers and riveting tools; skill in use of many types of precision measuring instruments and equipment. Understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical principles and the mechanical aptitude to perform maintenance on such equipment.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.