Machine/Equipment Operator - 3rd ShiftApply Job ID REF3440Y Date posted 08/24/2021 Address 1600 Patrick Drive, Pocahontas, AR Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
The 3rd shift Machine Operator is responsible for the setup, operation, and preventative maintenance of nail collation lines.
- Setup and operate equipment to meet facility goals for safety, quality, productivity and teamwork. Equipment includes but not limited to collator, dryer, thread roller and associated equipment.
- Maintains machinery through preventive maintenance
- Performs quality checks in adherence to specifications sheets; will also be responsible for documentation.
- Drives safety practices and procedures including identifying safety hazards.
- Ensures all housekeeping practices and procedures are met
- Performs 5-S activities and improvements as required
- Works with other team members and participates in team events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- At least one year of experience in high-volume manufacturing highly preferred
- Must be able to work Monday – Thursday 8:00 pm - 6:30 am
- Willing to work assigned shift with some mandatory overtime including weekends
- Ability to understand basic machinery
- Demonstrate a willingness to cooperate in a team environment
- Ability to recognize and identify parts, problems, and offer resolution
- Ability to read blueprints / specification sheets and follow instructions
- Successfully complete on-the-job supplemental training (blueprint reading, technical math, and measurement tools, etc.)
- Close vision is required and the ability to focus
- General housekeeping duties
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to fumes, heat and dust, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is high when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to grip, grasp, reach, push and pull with hands and arms, walk, stand, sit, speak and listen. The employee must frequently lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this position to include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.