Strategic Procurement ManagerApply Job ID REF5451L Date posted 02/22/2022 Address 8515 Industry Park Drive, Piqua, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
Reporting to the Vice President Service Parts, the Strategic Procurement Manager is responsible for developing, proposing, implementing, and reviewing programs to establish strategic partnerships in support of the Food Equipment Group and Division’s sourcing and purchasing needs. These activities ensure the Company’s business units benefit from total leverage in the most cost effective and efficient methods of sourcing and procurement possible and measure the effectiveness of these strategies. This role will also be responsible for directing and facilitating a large, cross-functional, multi-business unit Council that is tasked with leveraging the company’s total spend for categories affecting FEG Group and Division such as Casting, Printed Circuit Boards, OEM Components, Outsourced Manufacturing and others. Additionally, this role will be liaison to Corporate Sourcing Council & Food Equipment Group-wide focused on Electrical & Electronics (primary category) and support other NA Service 80’s spend categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Champion a strategic sourcing process that will substantially reduce total procurement costs while achieving service parts quality, performance, and delivery expectations for internal and external customers (25% of time spend performing this duty)
- Utilize a “Supplier Scorecard” to manage key suppliers ensuring they meet quality and service requirements while maintaining competitive prices. Evaluate and lead commodity to enhance supplier performance, monitor supplier activity relative to pricing, contractual obligation, delivery, scheduling, and productivity. (20% of time spent performing this duty)
- Coordinate overall data collection and bid processes, including determination of comparison of services and products offered from a sourcing perspective, supplier outreach and establishing a bid list, data collection and RFQ process, evaluation of proposals with the business units to identify best business solution (20% of time spent performing this duty)
- Design and execute the group’s strategic sourcing initiatives, including supply market analysis, strategy development, management of requests for proposal, and supplier negotiations (15% of time spent performing this duty)
- Interface and act as the liaison between business units/supply base management and the supplier(s) while the strategic sourcing agreement is being implemented (10% of time spent performing this duty
- Support FEG Directors with key categories initiatives. They will lead or support different category projects that will impact multiple FEG Divisions operation and sourcing initiatives. (10% of time spent performing this duty)
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities and carries out these responsibilities in accordance with the ITW’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, coaching for performance, and resolving problems.
Education and Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in supply management, finance, accounting, business administration, or related field, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in strategic sourcing and/or procurement
- Master’s in business administration (MBA) is preferred, but not required.
Certificates and Licenses
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt, Continuous Improvement is preferred, but not required.
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) is preferred, but not required.
Job —Specific Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing and procurement function and current best practices
- Experience sourcing in relevant spend/supply markets: MRO, OEM Components, Fabrications, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Very good mathematical skills
- Negotiating skills
- Project Management skills
- Computer skills, particularly in relation to inventory control software
- Management and leadership skills to motivate employees across the board
- Financial skills, particularly focusing on budget management
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.