Purchasing SupervisorApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF2035I Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 8515 Industry Park Drive, Piqua, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
This position has the responsibility for the purchasing of production and service parts including 3rd party manufacturing and outsourcing. Duties including planning, scheduling, initiating, monitoring and quality assurance of all procurement and contract activities while maintaining relationships with suppliers, negotiating purchasing contracts, solving order discrepancies, and managing the purchasing process from the requisition stage through delivery, ensuring best possible prices while maintaining the highest quality with acceptable lead times. Further, this role will be responsible for tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce costs and improve effectiveness as well as forecasting prices and market trends. Work requires independent and professional judgment, following internal ITW policies, procedures, and applicable local, state, and federal regulations, and is performed under the general direction of the Strategic Procurement Manager.
- Manages the day-to-day operations (R2P & P2P) of the procurement process with a strong understanding of service and parts purchasing, parts identification and purchasing strategies. Oversee the Purchasing activities from Requisition stage through delivery ensuring best price to the highest quality standards at acceptable lead times. (30%)
- Manages and reviews documents (purchase orders, contracts, NDA’s, SLA’s, etc.) for the procurement of all parts ensuring compliance to all Purchasing Policy Guidelines, as well as applicable federal and state laws. Utilize contracts, best practices, spend analysis and supplier management techniques to manage cost and supply chain risk. (20%)
- Monitors and manages inventory and supplier relationships and proactively knows when to effectively respond or engage contingency plans to prevent disruption to the business. Assess current material availability, reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables. Collaborates and builds strong working relationships with suppliers to identify cost saving opportunities, develop need requirements for parts, acceptable substitutions and resolve performance nonconformance. Analyze data and apply findings in decision-making and drive innovative solutions with Suppliers. (20%)
- Demonstrated ability to purchase challenging, sometimes unique, or obsolescent parts. Collaborate with other department managers to clarify purchase requisitions, identify departmental needs, and refine specification/acceptable substitutions for future orders. Works cross functionally with Inventory Control to identify proactive inventory adjustments in support of organizational goals. (15%)
- Collaborate with the Strategic Procurement Manager in the development of procedures and controls with the purchasing function. Develop department strategic initiatives, metrics, and measure team performance against those initiatives. (15%)
- Travel up to 25%
This position has supervisory responsibilities and carries out these responsibilities in accordance with the ITW’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, addressing complaints, coaching/mentoring for performance and resolving problems. Must have a passion for motivating and inspiring others to grow and develop talent and bench strength within the team.
These supervisory responsibilities for the purchasing function must be in line with the goals and objectives set forth by the Strategic Procurement Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Materials, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years of Procurement experience
- 4+ years Team Lead/Supervisory experience
Sound judgment and excellent written communication skills with proven negotiation skills
- 5+ years in Purchasing is preferred, but not required
- Certification of Professional Supply Chain Management is preferred but not required
Experience in ERP systems and the principles of Inventory Management a plus
Experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations a plus
Global Purchasing experience a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred but not required
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.