Inventory Planning ManagerApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF3103R Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 8515 Industry Park Drive, Piqua, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
Reporting to the Vice President/General Manager – NA Parts, the Inventory Control Manager has complete responsibility for all Distribution Center and Field based Inventory Control initiatives. The Inventory Control Manager ensures continuous inventory and parts availability improvement to provide the highest parts availability and service levels within organizational standards using major inventory control tools and methods (Kanban, etc.). The Inventory Control Manager trains and manages the inventory management team as well as provides training and support for field parts personnel. The Inventory Control Manager serves as a dedicated resource working directly with operation managers and staff to support inventory responsibilities. This is a critical business role that is accountable and responsible for enterprise parts inventory management.
- Responsible for all service parts inventory including the Piqua Distribution Center and Field Inventory (Branch and Truck).
- Direct master scheduling activities for finished goods and accessories.
- Establish and manage a KANBAN based replenishment system for kits and purchased parts where appropriate.
- Set inventory objectives and develop Operating Plans for all parts and kits produced, purchased and distributed.
- Monitor, measure, and oversee implementation of engineering changes to insure timely and appropriate changes with regard to assembled kits and purchased materials.
- Lead, develop and mentor inventory team. Assist with projects as needed.
- Lead the cross functional effort of the purchasing and strategic sourcing teams in inventory analysis as well as risk assessment; responsible for providing a proactive and holistic view of inventory (Supplier, Distribution Center, Field offices, and Service Trucks) inclusive of actuals, mid-term and long-term goals in $, SKU’s and turns.
- Plan for & identify root causes of inventory deviation through cause & effect analysis
- Partners with purchasing to manage and execute SKU reduction based upon sales, cost analysis, and substitutions.
- Responsible for meeting financial goals related to inventory and grading reserve.
- Follow up to ensure compliance & consistency for policies & procedures surrounding Materials Management.
Interface and act as the liaison between inventory management efforts between the Piqua Distribution Center, Hobart Service Branch inventory, and Hobart Service technician truck inventory.
- Educate, train, coach and mentor functional and field operational managers and parts coordinators/administrators in the applications, use, and implementation of inventory management concepts and tools.
- Partners with field organization (parts and operational management) to ensure parts inventory is optimized (right place, right time) to support organizational goals
Design and execute the group’s strategic Inventory Management initiatives, including supply market analysis, strategy development, management of new parts introductions, and requests for adjustments to inventory management processes.
Implement and maintain a “Branch Inventory Scorecard” to assist in the management of Branch and Truck inventory levels.
- Other duties as assigned
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities and carries out these responsibilities in accordance with the ITW’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, coaching for performance, and resolving problems.
Education and Work Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in supply management, finance, accounting, business administration, or related field, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement, inventory management, or distribution.
Master’s in business administration (MBA) is preferred, but not required.
Certificates and Licenses
APICS certification is preferred, but not required.
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.