Channel Development Manager - PartsApply Job ID REF3660Y Date posted 09/15/2021 Address 8515 Industry Park Drive, Piqua, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager - Parts, the Sales Channel Manager builds, maintains, and expands relationships with various channel partners to support aggressive growth in the aftermarket parts sales business. The main objective for the Sales Channel Manager is to drive increased parts sales revenue while maintaining or growing margin. The Channel Manager is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and channel partner recruitment objectives, as well as growth through key account sales and sales through the Hobart Parts online webstore. The Channel Manager supports the entire range aftermarket parts sales and customer segments to drive growth through the Hobart Parts webstore, Key/National Accounts, Service Contractors, Distributors, Hobart Equipment dealers, Independent Service Contractors, and other direct sales opportunities, as well as OTC (Over the Counter) sales via the Hobart Service Branch locations.
This position will require a high-energy, results driven individual that is equipped to take on all growth initiatives for the Parts division, develop strategic business plans, and oversee performance and productivity of functional personnel to achieve results. Applicants must have proven ability to create and sustain an environment that supports shared risk-taking, along with the ability to discern when a deep dive into the business is necessary to drive actions to achieve results. This leader will drive and motivate a team to establish and implement parts sales growth initiatives, policies, and agreements to increase parts sales and profitability, and is responsible for developing, proposing, and implementing strategic partnerships with key channel partners in support of the Food Equipment Group and Division’s revenue growth objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The FEG Parts business is positioned for strong market growth. The Sales Channel Manager will be responsible for developing and executing a revenue growth plan to significantly increase the ITW/FEG parts market penetration. This leader is responsible for profitable revenue growth through existing and new sales channels utilizing the ITW 80/20 FTB methodologies. This is a critical role for the parts business, and is responsible to provide leadership, guidance, and direction to achieve annual revenue growth. Key deliverables for the Sales Channel Manager are:
- Drive Revenue Growth: Responsible for creation and implementation of business development objectives and strategies. Provide direct influence and leadership for the North American parts market through all sales channels (Hobart Branch sales, Distribution sales, Equipment Dealer sales, Service Contractor Sales, Key/National account sales, and sales through the Hobart on-line parts store. Develop and maintain performance metrics for all parts sales channels to create focus and drive continuous improvement. Prepare aftermarket parts financial plan and monthly orders and shipments outlook. Achieve outlook for sales and margin goals. Partners with Equipment and Service Sales Management to develop relevant, timely and successful sales plans, campaigns, programs, and special promotions to drive parts revenue growth.
- Drive Strategic Channel Management: Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship. Effectively manage the aftermarket parts distribution, dealer, ISP, and Hobart Service Branch network to influence part demand and support business growth with a focus in marketing, training, and product specification. Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis. Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations. Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts. Develop and lead a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship. Proactively assess, clarify, and validate channel partner needs on an ongoing basis. Ensure compliance with all channel partner agreements and expectations. Manage potential channel conflict by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to sales channel rules of engagement. Maintain face-to-the-customer contact to support distribution and dealer network with product, process, promotions, and training. Become a liaison between Parts main strategic plan and our customer’s needs. Provide leadership parts marketing campaign development and implementation. Leverage Hobart service branches and service contractors to implement growth campaigns.
- Provide a positive customer service experience for all Hobart Parts channel partners: Provide leadership and guidance in developing and nurturing relationships with all channel partners and channel partner customers. Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts. Ensure appropriate resources are available to provide world-class support to channel partners that is aligned with changing requirements and market trends. Develop, recommend, and implement process and system enhancements designed to streamline channel performance and capability with focus on continuous improvement.
- Develop and Maintain Channel Specific Market and Industry Analysis: Lead research initiatives to better understand parts competitiveness, market share, and distributor/dealer performance helping to influence development of future products and services and business growth. Effectively research market and industry trends providing critical intelligence for strategic planning. Develop a Total Market Potential Model to understand overall market size and available “white space” to grow parts sales within each channel. Develop voice-of-the-customer (VOC) feedback process for channel partners to prioritize tactical and strategic initiatives driving customer focused solutions. Collect and document the Voice of the Business (VOB) to address needs for internal customers and process partners including equipment groups, service sales, national accounts, and Hobart Service branch offices.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities and carries out these responsibilities in accordance with the ITW’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, coaching for performance, and resolving problems. A critical piece of this role is creating, developing, and managed an engaged workforce, strong talent pool, and focus on strong process development and deployment. The Parts Business Unit Manager has Three (3) direct reports focused on channel sales and channel partner development and management
- Marketing / Sales Coordinator
- Distribution and Dealer Business Development
- Branch and Key Account Business Development
Education and Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 8 years of marketing and sales leadership experience.
Job —Specific Knowledge
- Strong knowledge and proven capability to develop and implement strategic growth initiatives concurrently through multiple sales channels
- Experience leading sales, marketing, and technical teams to achieve business objectives
- Ability to hire, develop, and mentor highly productive and engaged teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Project Management skills
- Computer skills, particularly in relation to analysis tools and ERP systems
- Management and leadership skills to motivate employees across the board
- Financial skills, particularly focusing on budget management and investment analysis
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Master’s in business administration (MBA) is preferred, but not required.
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.