BuyerApply Job ID REF5516A Date posted 02/25/2022 Address 8515 Industry Park Drive, Piqua, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
This position performs daily standard work as it pertains to tactical purchasing activities, including but not limited to monitoring RFQ and PO requisition queues including MRP, PO placement, PO management and PO closure. This position must be highly organized, innovative, and resourceful serving to identify and improve inventory management, reduce purchase price to drive savings and/or cost avoidance, and ensure delivery of quality products in a timely manner. This position must provide passionate customer service to internal and external contacts while serving to be resourceful in supplier relationship management to ensure goods and services are delivered in the right time, quality, and pricing. researching suppliers, products and negotiating costs and/or delivery dates. The Buyer will be an important contributor to the team with the goal of developing strategic supplier relationships and purchasing strategies that optimize purchasing costs and ensure that parts, components, assemblies, and kits are available when required. The position is responsible for executing through multiple purchasing avenues including suppliers, distribution, 3rd party and outsourcing and fabrication.
- Analyze all open requirements/requisitions and generate Purchase Orders in response to customer orders, inventory stocking requirements, nonstock, “made to order” components, forecasts, production needs and other authorized purchase requests. Execute stock, nonstock, and “made to order” requirements in accordance with standard procedures. Evaluate and analyze supplier proposals and perform negotiations with the supplier to acquire best pricing and on time delivery terms to quality specifications. Ensure that all Purchase Order transactions are complete, accurate and timely in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, SOX and ITW policies and procedures.
- Manage open Purchase Orders and maintain a continuous effort to eliminate material shortages, deferring or canceling purchase orders as required, based on schedule and/or inventory changes. Work with Inventory Control in support of achievement of objectives like inventory accuracy, inventory turns, excess/obsolete minimization, safety stock, and min/max optimization.
- Responsible for coordination, communication, tracking and resolution of all Supplier nonconformance issues that may arise with Purchase Orders including delivery, quantities, invoicing, quality, BOM accuracy and pricing discrepancy resolution.
- Responsible for management of assigned suppliers and commodities to ensure understanding of clear performance expectations including but not limited to on time delivery, stock outs, cost savings and nonconformance. Regularly track, evaluate, and report supplier quality and performance benchmarks and risks associated with parts delivery, contracts/agreements, and conduct ongoing audits of pricing, quality, lead times.
- Establish excellent partnerships with suppliers that delivery innovative solutions, resources and alternative supply options when needed. Conduct supplier audits and business reviews to keep abreast of changes in supplier’s organization and market conditions of the commodities they serve. Identify and execute improvement opportunities through both process improvements and relationship improvement.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- 4+ years in Purchasing is preferred, but not required.
- 1+ years Team Lead/Supervisory experience a plus
Certificates and Licenses
- Certification of Purchasing Management is preferred but not required.
- APICS certification in a related field is preferred
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.