Lead Installation TechnicianApply Job ID REF3952I Date posted 10/26/2021 Address 9135 Torresdale Avenue, Philadelphia, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 120 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
About the opportunity:
The Installation team lead will be responsible for overseeing a crew in the installation of various components for food equipment to include adjusting, aligning, assembling, calibrating, inspecting, lubricating and testing of commercial food prep equipment, electrical/mechanical and electronics troubleshooting The selected candidate will comply with all applicable service policies and procedures, maintain frequent contact with the office to receive service assignments and review service problems with advisor, or manager. Must be available for overtime and on-call schedule.
Some of the key activities that you will perform in this role are:
- Work on-site to set up, program, dismantle and reconstruct equipment when necessary
- Contact customers prior to installation date to verify schedule
- Provide guidance and coaching to installers as it relates to work assignments: specific work steps, proper use of tools, machinery and overall job performance
- Maintain customer satisfaction by delivering excellence in products and service; provide superior customer service by working out solutions in the best interest of the customer
- Maintain vehicle inventory and appearance
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Accredited High School diploma, Business or trade school or GED
- 6+ years of experience in commercial install experience
- Excellent mechanical/electrical/electronic aptitude; to include Welding, Hydraulics and/or Electrical Skills
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record and able to drive multiple hours per day
- Able to travel and complete company training; class, audio/video, field
- Ability to operate hand and power tools; read blueprints and schematic drawings
- Understand How to Troubleshoot Mechanical Problems
- Basic knowledge of refrigerant plumbing and soldering
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office products excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.