Manufacturing Engineer Internship- Summer 2023Apply Job ID REF7914J Date posted 09/13/2022 Address 7000 Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, Paris, KY Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications.
We take pride in our commitment to being a customer centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
Seeking Rising Juniors with graduation dates of December 2024-May of 2025. The ITW Engineering Internship will be located at our Paris, KY facility from mid May until beginning of August 2023. This role will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and work with manufacturing engineers as well as operations staff. The internship projects/tasks will be critical to the support of the manufacturing and processing of screws and fasteners in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Support new product & process implementation
- Support process improvement & troubleshooting
- Support ITW Safety Program initiative
- Perform CAD designs & design modifications
- Learn about the overall manufacturing processes & daily operation of a manufacturing facility
- Learn about the process of new product implementation & debugging
- Learn about equipment work instruction, research, writing, & training
- Learn to collaborate with engineering, maintenance, operations, quality, & marketing departments
- School Enrollment: Currently enrolled in an undergraduate Engineering Program. Mechanical Engineering coursework. Material Science & PLC Programming coursework is a plus.
- Courses Preferred: 2D & 3D CAD skills preferred, good communication skills, inquisitive nature, and an interest in being “hands on”.
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Ability to make logical and sound decisions and ability to know when to act independently and when to seek assistance.
- Curiosity & Learning Orientation: Actively identifying new areas for learning and applying newly gained knowledge/skill on the job.
- Drive to Excel: Driven to succeed and willing to go the extra mile. Perseveres in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Interpersonal Skills & communication: Ability to work collaboratively and partner well with others, express oneself verbally and in writing, and listen well.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; kneel; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Good working conditions involving occasional exposure to noise and chemicals, but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.