Technical Support EngineerApply Job ID REF3739N Date posted 09/21/2021 Address 11001 U.S. 41, Palmetto, FL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
llinois Tool Works (ITW) is an $14.5 billion, multi-national, publicly traded (NYSE) company headquartered in Glenview, Illinois.
ITW has a strong commitment to operational excellence and innovation that has kept the company on a path of strong financial performance for more than 10 years. The company is built on a differentiated business model comprised of three unique core capabilities: our 80/20 business process, sustainable differentiation and our entrepreneurial culture. These have long been the core of which ITW is as a company and the source of our ability to deliver value-added solutions for our customers and differentiated financial performance for our shareholders.
ITW is growing, acquiring multiple companies annually over the past several years. ITW’s business model enables quick and decisive decisions for individuals seeking a fast-paced and challenging business model within the framework and strength of a large multinational corporation.
ITW GSE-Our Division
The ITW GSE Division is an industry leading manufacturer of Ground Support Equipment (GSE) to the aviation industry.
Core customers are Airports and Airlines in all countries around the World.
Core products are Power Supply Units for aircraft parked on the ground.
The person filling this position will provide full time phone / email technical support for the GPU and PCA product line. This person will reside in the Palmetto facility and will be part of a the Customer Support Team. Specific duties will include:
· Response to First Line Technical Support Requests received via support email of direct email or phone calls
· Assist the customer to order parts and determine what parts may be required.
· Archive Service Reports of works orders and/or warranty works orders
· Conduct Customer Product Training
· Test of spare power modules and software programming for spares orders
· In-house repairs
· Management of Customer Support (aftermarket) stock items
· Spares order processing
· In cooperation with Sales Director, Senior Manager and Accounting, manage/review customer accounts: terms, limit, discounts
· Assist R&D with root course to component failure
· Work as part of the Customer Support team to track trends in equipment issues for improvement opportunities,
· Sustain good work environment and development of tools, documentations, instructions etc.
· Document and maintain knowledge database (ex. Customer asks & we answer)
· Create troubleshooting guides as an aid to send to customers
· Primary Warranty Claim initiators
· Some on-site Test, Commissioning and Product Training / technical support and repair works
· Assist with repair works orders.
· Create and/or assist Product Managers with development and improvement of customer work instructions of how to replace components and update manuals and maintenance documents etc
· Utilize metrics to assure the team is providing the superior support our customer expect, and setting goals for department improvements
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the troubleshooting and repair of power generating equipment. Prior aircraft GSE experience preferred.
· Exceptional troubleshooting ability utilizing schematics, technical manuals, and assembly drawings.
· The ideal candidate will have prior experience with aircraft ground support equipment including: Mobile diesel GPUs. Solid state frequency converters, Engine driven generators, solid state power inverters, pre-conditioned air systems.
· Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required.
· 2-year associate/technical degree in electronics or electrical engineering, military technical “C” school is also acceptable. Job experience can be considered in lieu of education.
· Exceptional interpersonal/communication skills (phone and email).
· Excellent computer skills, fluent in Microsoft Office suite.
Our Palmetto facility is the best of both worlds. A family friendly environment feel part of a large and powerful global strong industry leader. We are in growth mode and are a fun place to work!
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.