Cost AccountantApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF8393L Date posted 10/25/2022 Address 19220 Washington 162, Orting, WA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Baxter Manufacturing, a division of ITW-Food Equipment Group, has an opening for a Cost Accountant. Information on our product line can be found at www.baxtermfg.com. This position would be located at the Baxter Manufacturing facility in Orting, Washington.
Founded in 1958, Baxter Manufacturing has become the foremost manufacturer of commercial grade ovens and proofers in the United States. Baxter is the premier brand that others follow. Known for high quality equipment and recognized as a leader in baking and cooking technologies, we offer equipment to make our customers’ job easier.
Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 500 company that produces diversified products in global markets. Some of its products include welding equipment, automotive components, construction materials and commercial food equipment.
This position is responsible for compiling and maintaining accounting records and reports under the direct supervision of the Controller. Their duties include reviewing financial records and analyzing business costs.
Compensation: 75k - 83k Annually
Scope and Function:
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting package, to include analysis of all major variances
- Analyze bill of materials and work with engineers to address standard costing issues
- Interface with internal and external auditors as needed. Interface with Food Equipment Group accounting and finance personnel as needed
- Prepare and submit all required ITW monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Prepare, analyze, and report weekly, monthly, quarterly margin analysis by product, customer, and sales channel
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, and inventory standard cost roll
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal control
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research, and perform analytical studies to cost analyses and profitability
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others
- Assist with annual budget, long range plan, and monthly outlook preparation and analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field
- 3-5 years of accounting competency
- MS Office Skills Required - Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Detail oriented, organized, and analytical approach to tasks.
- High degree of flexibility and customer service attitude.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Proven time management skills and ability to work under strict deadlines
- Effective communication skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ability Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- In office environment and occasional production environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.