DR & CT Level 2Apply Job ID REF8711S Date posted 11/23/2022 Address 6700 Shadowridge Drive, Orlando, FL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Established in 1986, North Star Imaging, Inc. is the domestic leading manufacturer of turn-key 2D Digital X-ray and 3D X-ray Computed Tomography systems for the Industrial Nondestructive Testing industry. As demand continues to increase both nationally and internationally, NSI now operates in five offices across the globe; Minnesota, California, Florida, Massachusetts, the United Kingdom and China.
Companies throughout the world rely on NSI's expertise and equipment to create high quality, efficient and profitable products. Become a key player to our growing success and have the opportunity to excel in a high-tech and advancing industry.
The NSI DR & CT Level 2 perform X-ray & CT inspection services on customer supplied products in accordance with customer requirements, written directions, and standard industry practices. The Level 2 will work with the Site Principal X-ray Tech to complete jobs in Florida ISG Lab. The Level 2 will also be one of the companies’ experts in the FL office and provide product demo support for 225 micro focus and 450 mini focus technology when needed.
What you will do:
- Work with industry leading companies to capture internal and external geometry of their product(s) using world class mini focus and microfocus Digital X-ray and CT (3D) imaging products
- Help customers with failure analysis, product development, R&D and production level projects by utilizing digital radiography and computed tomography equipment
- Develop DR and CT techniques and perform imaging on customer supplied product
- Reconstruct and compile scan data with completed deliverables as per customer requirements
- Direct oversight and approval of trainee and Level 1 OJT and Technique approval.
- Provide Level 2 final acceptance of DR and CT Data.
- Provide feedback to the software team on improving EFX software suite
- Develop creative sample fixturing methods to increase efficiency of the digital x-ray imaging process and/or CT process.
- Work with the sales team to quote projects and propose scanning solutions to meet and exceed customer’s requirements.
- Customer service - interaction with clients and potential clients both on phone and in person to include webinars, onsite meetings, technical expertise, reports and presentations.
- Maintain and continually develop world class leading x-ray and CT knowledge
- Present the NSI’s imaging capabilities to a large group of industry peers at specified events.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- An associate degree or specialized training
- Knowledge and Ability to perform at a high level; post processing analysis on CT scan data according to customer requirements (e.g. metrology, CAD comparison, porosity analysis, automated inspection, Volume Graphics Software Suite)
- DR and CT Level 2 (or Equivalent Training)
- Microfocus Imaging – Minimum of 2+ yrs
- Knowledgeable of VG Software Suite
- Knowledge of X-ray principals and use
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor & appearance
- Good computer skills; general windows operations and networks
What North Star Imaging Offers:
- A strong culture of collaboration among teams across the US and internationally (both in office and remote)
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family plus a very impressive 401k match
- Mission-driven team members who love what they do and go the extra mile to help customers, support the company’s rapid growth, and build up one another for overall growth and development
- A focus on diversity of talent and thought throughout all aspects of the organization
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.