Strategic Sourcing SpecialistApply Job ID REF9419C Date posted 02/10/2023 Address 805 East Old 56 Highway, Olathe, KS Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist role provides planning, organization, and direction in relation to all manufacturing, purchasing activities to assure smooth operations. This position also serves as a liaison between marketing, operations, accounting, and customer service. The Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for purchasing raw materials, printed materials, maintenance supplies, and other materials as requested, or as deemed necessary, to meet the published production schedule.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with supplier vendors.
- Review and negotiate raw material prices on a regular basis.
- Liaison between vendors and ITW Pro Brands technical staff for new product development.
- Work with Compliance Manager to ensure packaging meets all regulatory requirements.
- Work with Quality Control to resolve corrective actions as they relate to raw materials and/or vendors.
- Work with R&D to ensure the raw material are approved to be use in the products.
- Monthly notification of pricing changes that affect variances/margins.
- Review and resolve invoice discrepancies
Purchasing/Production /Inventory Control:
- Ensure raw material purchase orders are placed and received in a timely manner. This includes reviewing quantities, prices and delivery dates.
- Notify appropriate personnel, if necessary, of delivery changes.
- Monitor and review Kan Ban procedures to ensure continuous compliance.
- Review 80/20 business practices for continuous improvement.
- Review inventory to ensure that slow moving metrics are met.
- Work with Operations specialist to ensure the monthly schedule is maintained or maintain the inventory levels base on the MRD calculation.
- Maintain proper inventory levels to meet corporate goals.
- Follow up on open PO and update the system accordingly.
- Work collaboratively with ITW Strategic Purchasing Group.
- Responsible for properly completing CE's and maintaining records.
- File freight claims for all raw material or supply issues.
- Purchase maintenance items as requested.
- Foster, communicate and exemplify the values of ITW; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat everyone with respect, take shared risk.
- Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
- Must maintain ERP computer system to meet company requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Business Management or related area, or equivalent combined experience.
- Minimum 2+ years purchasing work experience.
- Supply Chain certifications a plus.
- Working knowledge of ERP software.
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management Principles.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Proficient time management and prioritization skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to drive organizational focus on the key initiatives and opportunities.
- Possess business analytical and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a diverse creative team environment.
- Takes ownership and drives positive change.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the company and customer personnel. Skilled in effective cross-functional collaboration and engagement.
- Effective presentation skills adaptable for the audience.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.