Shipping TechnicianApply Job ID REF7490N Date posted 08/15/2022 Address 805 East Old 56 Highway, Olathe, KS Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Shipping Technician is responsible for Verification of product and quantities prior to shipment. The Shipping Technician works with Shipping department personnel to ensure that the correct product and quantities are assembled and prepped correctly before shipment. The Shipping Technician is responsible for working with and supporting the Shipping and Quality functions in additional capacities, as required, to ensure the proper product and quantities ordered are delivered.
- Inspect prepared shipments to ensure accuracy of the product and quantities vs the ordered products and quantities.
- Work closely with shipping Clerks/Manager to Plan and execute verification audits of orders to be shipped daily/weekly.
- Review order and shipment records versus product and quantities assembled for shipment to ensure the accuracy of the picked order.
- Record data and maintain accurate records in accordance with GMP good documentation practices.
- Perform verifications of shipments throughout facility as directed.
- Participate in identifying, investigating, and processing Corrective/Preventive Actions, Customer Complaints, product Non-Conformance, Deviations and Returned Goods Authorizations as directed.
- Assisting with audits as needed.
- May be required, as needed, to work overtime, weekends or alternate shifts to support production.
- Follow all safety rules and take a leadership role in ensuring a safe environment.
- Assist in writing, editing, and training of standard operating procedures as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. College or Technical School education in the sciences or technical related areas such as quality, regulatory a plus.
- One to three years’ work experience in an inspection or auditing capacity a plus.
- Experience working in a facility regulated by FDA current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), AS9100 and ISO a plus.
- Must be familiar with reading and following Standard Operating Procedures for production processes.
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple tasks daily.
- Must be flexible to change.
- Must be reliable and capable of carrying out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in teams and individually.
- Must have basic math and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Must be detailed oriented.
- Must have good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be motivated to grow and develop skills for advancement.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with other departments.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Able to understand manufacturing processes / procedures and product applications.
- Must be dependable, have good attendance and be punctual.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Must be able to interpret documents such as operating instructions, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate mathematical values.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.