Senior Strategic Sourcing AnalystApply Job ID REF3465T Date posted 08/26/2021 Address 805 East Old 56 Highway, Olathe, KS Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst role provides planning, organization, and direction in relation to all manufacturing, purchasing, cost, negotiation, and inventory control activities to assure smooth operations. This position also serves as a liaison between marketing, operations, accounting and customer service. The Senior Buyer is responsible for purchasing raw materials, printed materials, maintenance supplies, and other materials to meet the production schedule for the ‘80’ brands and high complexity non-inventory items, including international and domestic suppliers.
- Research & help develop new suppliers to support our R&D Team to qualified second sources on the key raw materials.
- Participate in strategic sourcing corporate projects to deliver information and follow the guidelines or activities requested.
- Identify and evaluate the best suppliers to meet business standards.
- Follow the market feedstock movements to make the appropriate pricing decisions to avoid cost in our raw materials.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with supplier vendors.
- Review and negotiate raw material prices on a regular basis.
- Liaison between vendors and ITW Pro Brands technical staff for new product development.
- Work with Compliance Manager to ensure packaging meets all regulatory requirements.
- Work with Quality Control to resolve corrective actions as they relate to raw materials and/or vendors.
- Develop preventive strategies to avoid raw material issues.
- Monthly notification of pricing changes that affect variances/margins.
- Review and resolve pricing discrepancies.
- Cost variances updates, to assure the costing of each material is updated in our system
- Manage the Purchase Price Variances Account monthly to provide proper support of the change to the Accounting team.
Purchasing/Production /Inventory Control:
- Develop all materials planning for the operation to ensure the continuous production in the plant.
- Ensure all materials purchase orders are placed and received in a timely manner. This includes reviewing quantities, prices and delivery dates.
- Notify appropriate personnel, if necessary, of delivery changes.
- Ensure material/vendor Information is updated in the ERP system including current pricing, PO, Acknowledgements, and delivery dates.
- Monitor and review Kan Ban or MRD procedures to ensure continuous operations.
- Monitor and review production schedule to ensure raw materials availability on time.
- Review 80/20 business practices for continuous improvement.
- Review inventory to ensure that slow moving metrics are met, develop a plan to move our slow moving to target in the cases needed.
- Maintain proper inventory levels to meet corporate goals.
- Identify and resolve inventory issues, determine, develop and implement appropriate measures necessary to ensure resolution.
- Support the operations team to perform cycle counts and physical inventory monthly.
- Responsible for driving Key Performance Indicators to meet business goals and objectives.
- Work collaboratively with corporate ITW Strategic Purchasing Group.
- File freight claims for all raw material or supply issues.
- Purchase maintenance items as requested.
- Ensure all services required are provided effectively and timely.
- Manage the external warehouses, costing and inventories if needed.
- Foster, communicate and exemplify the values of ITW; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat everyone with respect, take shared risk.
- Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
- Travel as needed for business needs.
- Must maintain and update item card on ERP computer system to meet company requirements.
- MOQ, Leadtime, Contact information, Package size, etc.
- BS in Business Management or related area
- Minimum 5+ years Manufacturing purchasing/planning experience.
- Supply Chain certifications a plus.
- Working knowledge of ERP software.
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management Principles.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Strong user of Microsoft Office Excel (pivot tables, filters, and reference formulas as a minimum)
- Medium negotiation skills
- Proficient time management and prioritization skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to drive organizational focus on the key initiatives and opportunities.
- Possess business analytical and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a diverse creative team environment.
- Takes ownership and drives positive change.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the company and customer personnel. Skilled in effective cross functional collaboration and engagement.
- Effective presentation skills adaptable for the audience.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Must be organized and a self-started.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess a sense of urgency and accountability.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.