Senior Product ManagerApply Job ID REF3471J Date posted 08/26/2021 Address 805 East Old 56 Highway, Olathe, KS Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Senior Product Manager will develop and execute the marketing strategy for Mold Release, Metalworking & Stamping business segments. This position is responsible for creating marketing strategy through a deep understanding of the customer needs, product portfolio, and technology capabilities in conjunction with key stakeholders (R&D, Operations, Sales and Finance). This role will oversee and support the successful execution of the marketing strategy for the DiamondKote, Crystal, and Acculube, Rustlik and Metal Mates brands. This position is based out of our Olathe, KS facility.
- Lead North America Voice Of the Customer (VOC) to understand market needs/wants and prioritization to later drive future products requirements and financial models.
- Use data to ensure the voice of the customer is present in product and marketing decisions, and measure channel and sales effectiveness.
- Participate in all Stage Gate Projects and initiatives for all the brands listed above. Manage and follow up on Stage Gate project plans and lead Stage Gate Meetings and track progress for the Mold Release and Metalworking and Stamping segments of the business.
- Develop product competitive analysis to understand advantages and gaps and drive appropriate actions.
- Captures and communicates market research, including Total Available Market (TAM) segment growth, and market trends.
- Creates customer value propositions and provides data and content that can be leveraged by the sales team.
- Collaborating regularly with the sales teams to transfer knowledge of the customer needs and ensure the technical solution designed solves for customer and business needs.
- Develop, plan and execute a go-to-market strategy plan with sales and marketing teams.
- Work with the Marketing Communications Team to create and maintain marketing plans, advertising and sales tools including brochures, product descriptions, technical data sheets, web content, etc.
- Support customer meetings, customer trainings, trade shows (attendance and speaking), industry thought leadership and other activities.
- Perform market research, competitive analysis and business data (unit volumes, revenues, margin) reporting to understand business trends and make informed decisions for current and future product direction for all the Brands.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Business Management, Marketing or Chemistry. MBA preferred
- 6-8 years’ experience in product marketing or technical sales
- 4-6 years of experience in multiple facets of marketing activities including new product development and introduction, marketing campaigns, marketing programs, digital-marketing, value propositions, content marketing etc.
- Highly motivated individual with a results-driven orientation, capable of multi-tasking within a dynamic organization
- Proven track record of working independently and with sales/marketing teams and multiple levels of management
- Must be a team player and work well with others
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- Proficient time management and prioritization skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to drive organizational focus on the key initiatives and opportunities.
- Possess business analytical and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a diverse creative team environment.
- Takes ownership and drives positive change.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the company and customer personnel. Skilled in effective cross functional collaboration and engagement.
- Effective presentation skills adaptable for the audience.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Must be organized and a self-started.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess a sense of urgency and accountability.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.