Machine Operator II 2nd ShiftApply Job ID REF555N Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 805 East Old 56 Highway, Olathe, KS Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Our team is growing and we are hiring 2nd Shift Machine Operators for our Olathe, KS facility! We are an established company with a brand portfolio that is well recognized. Full health benefits after the 1st day of the month following hire, paid time off, sick time and 11 paid holidays are some of the benefits we are offer our employees.
The Machine Operator 2 is responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform mechanical adjustments on assigned machines. This position will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments as necessary. 2nd shift hours are from 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm, Monday thru Friday.
• Setup, operate, and control intermediate high-speed filling and packaging machines.
• Adjust machines as needed for setup, breakdown, or changeover.
• Follow instructions on job tickets to perform duties.
• Maintain accurate inventory of components and ensure timely preparation and availability of all materials to avoid shortage during production. Perform cycle counts as needed.
• Responsible for checking quality and conformity of products throughout production cycle.
• Stack and wrap material properly on pallets. Print labels as needed.
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned area.
• Maintain and complete recordkeeping requirements.
• Follow all Company safety procedures and good housekeeping practices.
• Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Skills / Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 6+ months related experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally with good organizational skills required.
• Ability to make mechanical adjustments to machines using basic hand tools.
• Must possess basic math skills.
• Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
• Must be dependable, have good attendance and be punctual.
• Able to work overtime when required.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.