Machine Operator 2Apply Job ID REF5550H Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 805 East Old 56 Highway, Olathe, KS Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Machine Operator 2 is responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform mechanical adjustments on assigned machines. This position will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments as necessary.
• Setup, operate, monitor, and control intermediate high-speed filling and packaging machines.
• Adjust machines as needed for setup, breakdown, or changeover.
• Follow instructions on job tickets to perform duties.
• Maintain accurate inventory of components and ensure timely preparation and availability of all materials to avoid shortage during production. Perform cycle counts as needed.
• Responsible for checking quality and conformity of products throughout production cycle.
• Stack and wrap material properly on pallets. Print labels as needed.
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned area.
• Maintain and complete recordkeeping requirements.
• Replenished supplies using material handling equipment.
• Follow all Company safety procedures and good housekeeping practices.
• Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Skills / Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 6+ months related experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Must be certified to operate forklift, when applicable.
• Must be certified to operate clamp truck, when applicable.
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally with good organizational skills required.
• Ability to make mechanical adjustments to machines using basic hand tools.
• Must possess basic math skills.
• Cross-trained in at least one additional position.
• Received a meets expectation rating or above on previous performance review.
• Has not received any disciplinary actions in the last 6 months.
• Must act as a positive coach with other peers.
• Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
• Able to work overtime when required.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.