Group LeaderApply Job ID REF8836G Date posted 12/15/2022 Address 805 East Old 56 Highway, Olathe, KS Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Group Leader will be responsible for assisting the Department Supervisor with daily production operations, including meeting daily production requirements, assignments, safety, equipment operations, and quality specifications.
• Assists Department Supervisor with supporting facility goals and operational excellence as needed.
• Partner with Department Supervisor to project staffing for daily and future production needs.
• Coach and facilitate problem solving amongst production staff.
• Assists with planning production schedule and communicating schedule to the department.
• Maintain a positive and professional atmosphere while driving positive change.
• Recommend improvements to processes and/or equipment that enhance the manufacturing performance of the department.
• Trains employees on machines and department procedures. Able to fill-in for all positions within the department.
• Participate in and/or lead daily department team meetings.
• Provide timely and effective feedback to help team members strengthen specific skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
• Supports and monitors activities that foster teamwork within the department.
• Foster, communicate, and exemplify the values of ITW; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat everyone with respect, take shared risk.
• Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for adherence to all environmental, health, safety, housekeeping, quality, and work standards set for the company, to include ensuring other workers are complying.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent. Technical, associate’s, or bachelor’s degree a plus.
• Minimum 5+ years related experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have an in-depth working knowledge of batching and production operations.
• Must have working knowledge and experience handling chemicals and hazardous materials.
• Familiar in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Must be able to meet minimum forklift operating standards.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.