Batch MakerApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF9031N Date posted 12/01/2023 Address 805 East Old 56 Highway, Olathe, KS Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Batch Maker is responsible for the preparation and mixing of chemicals according to the product specifications, documenting and labeling products and ensuring product meets quality expectations.
- Operate a variety of equipment to mix or blend chemicals according to product specifications.
- Follow instructions on batch cards and job tickets to weigh or measure ingredients so that they exactly match the requirements of the chemical formulation.
- Monitor the mixing process to ensure even flow of materials into the equipment and proper blending.
- Monitor and regulate gauges, recording instruments, flow meters, and thermometers. Adjusting materials, mixing temperatures, mixing speeds, etc. to maintain product quality, and ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Setup, change over, and cleanup machines and work area.
- Ensure batch quality and integrity meet production standards. Includes collection of test samples of each batch for quality control purposes.
- Move material through facility with the use of material handling equipment (i.e. forklift, pallet jack, etc..) as required.
- Ensure products are correctly labeled and identified for proper sorting and use.
- Assist with and oversee the storing and disposing of raw materials in compliance with safety and hazardous material handling regulations.
- Follow all Company safety procedures, company polices, and good housekeeping practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Skills / Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1+ years related batching experience.
- Minimum 1+ years manufacturing experience.
- Previous forklift experience required.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally with good organizational skills required. Must be detailed oriented.
- Must have basic computer skills to perform duties of the job.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Able to understand manufacturing processes / procedures and product applications.
- Must be dependable, have good attendance and be punctual. Willingness to work overtime when required.
- Must be able to stand for a long period of time.
- Must be able to sit for a long period of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.