Technical Program ManagerApply Job ID REF7821P Date posted 09/07/2022 Address 825 University Avenue, Norwood, MA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of materials and components. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
Instron is part of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses.
This is a new opportunity within our Engineering team responsible for driving innovation and leading cross functional development projects. Projects typically range from highly cross-functional and architecturally complex, to narrowly focused short-term assignments to satisfy a particular application or customer need.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Collaborating with our technical leadership team on a portfolio of projects critical to Instron’s future success in the materials testing marketplace.
· Management of the full project lifecycle.
· Driving teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple departments.
· Managing the process of identifying, assessing, tracking and mitigating risks at multiple levels.
· Creating, maintaining, and delivering project information to project stakeholders.
· Ensuring that all project processes are followed and documented
Successful candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or have relevant experience (a minimum of 4 years), in a technical/engineering project leadership role.
Additional requirements include:
· Experience in the design, development, and launch of complex electro-mechanical systems.
· High level of competence with project management methodologies.
· Familiarity with ISO 9001 quality standards relating to project management.
· Exceptional organizational and task management skills.
· Ability to lead diverse and cross-functional teams toward a common goal and project success – including strong interpersonal skills, an assertive nature and a high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
· Outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Technical background in design using SolidWorks or Altium (or similar CAD package), prototyping and lab testing is a plus.
Take this opportunity to join a professional and successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy competitive compensation and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, paid parental leave, 401k (with match), and a generous tuition reimbursement program.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.