Sales Support AdministratorApply Job ID REF8651S Date posted 11/17/2022 Address 825 University Avenue, Norwood, MA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
The Sales Support Administrator for the Americas Sales organization provides administrative support to all members of their assigned team and shares accountability for their assigned team’s sales quotas. Sales Support Administrators play an important role in ensuring customer satisfaction through the accuracy and efficiency of their work. They often act as a liaison on behalf of their assigned sales team and customers when dealing with other departments to ensure customer’s needs and demands are being met.
- Performs administrative duties that may encompass scheduling customer visits for Sales Engineers, qualifying leads for systems and accessories inquiries, assisting in quotation follow-up with customers, creating quotations with assistance of your Sales team, facilitating mail/email campaigns, executing sales product seminars and the mailing of product literature and promotional items to customers.
- Accurately processes orders and oversees the order process by handling the review of purchase order terms, communicating the order acknowledgement, order status, delivery details and ensuring that all relevant order details are updated within our CRM systems.
- Assists in the creation and submission of customer proposals while working with the Contracts Administrator.
- Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts by effectively communicating the needs and concerns of the customer which may require escalation when appropriate.
- Provides sales telephone queue coverage by screening incoming telephone calls and answering customer inquiries on pricing, product lead times, delivery status, and any shipping or service issues related to orders.
- Maintains purchase orders, customer documents and files in accordance with our ISO guidelines while ensuring the data integrity of our CRM system.
- 3 - 5 years of prior administrative experience and Associates degree preferred.
- Prior customer support experience, fielding and resolving inquiries in a well-structured professional manner.
- Ability to follow directions accurately and finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, problem solving and solid judgment are essential.
- Telephone and interpersonal skills are required to ensure calls are managed in a timely, friendly and courteous manner.
- Collaborates with a diverse group of individuals while showing independence in balancing and prioritizing their requests.
- Requires experience at handling multiple work assignments concurrently and independently.
- Ability to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
- Forging strong relationships with customers.
- Extended hours on an as needed basis.
- Proficient in using MS Office Applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Take this opportunity to join a professional and successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy competitive compensation and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, paid parental leave, 401k (with match), and a generous tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.