Product Manager - High Force SystemsApply Job ID REF6153G Date posted 04/15/2022 Address 825 University Avenue, Norwood, MA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
At Instron, we build products that ensure safety critical devices and materials stay together…by tearing them apart! Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of materials and components. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
Instron is part of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a global Fortune 250 diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our expanding High Force product marketing team. In this role you will be at the center of defining and executing our businesses’ product strategy. From gathering and analyzing customer feedback, to developing business cases for new products and ensuring success of our current product portfolio. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining a product roadmap aligned with Instron’s strategic priorities.
- Evaluating the addressable market and opportunity size of potential products.
- Developing and executing launch activities and deliverables for new product introduction, working closely with sales and marketing teams.
- Developing and executing lifecycle strategies for our large global install base.
- Developing and delivering product positioning, pricing, and value proposition materials.
- Collecting and synthesizing customer insights and competitive intelligence through customer interviews, market research, and channel knowledge.
- Data analysis and evaluation of financial product performance.
- Designing and collaborating on marketing initiatives to sustain growth of current product portfolio.
We’re looking for a passionate Product Manager to join our team. You’ll collaborate with a wide range of teams as you provide product training and support to a diverse sales and service organization, guide the creation of marketing collateral and campaigns, and influence product design through voice-of-customer work. The successful candidate will have a degree in a technical or scientific discipline, a passion for technology, and combined applications or product marketing experience. Additional requirements include:
- Experience in business case development.
- Expertise in voice-of-customer work and opportunity evaluation.
- Ability to present at all organizational levels and lead through influence.
- Understanding and experience in B2B equipment sales and marketing.
- Ability to balance new product introduction with product lifecycle management.
- Track record of developing value proposition materials and experience working closely with marketing and sales to deliver message to end consumers.
- A positive attitude focused on understanding, anticipating, and responding to the needs of our customers, both internal and external to the department and organization.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed. Results oriented.
- A global mindset. Must be culturally aware and be able to build constructive and effective relationships across the organization.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to present at all levels of the organization.
Take this opportunity to join a professional and successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy competitive compensation and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, paid parental leave, 401k (with match), and a generous tuition reimbursement program.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.