Plastics Market ManagerApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF11761G Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 825 University Avenue, Norwood, MA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services mechanical testing systems.
Have you ever wondered how a potato chip always has the right crispiness level? Or, how your game controller can survive several drops whether you are excited for your win or upset by a loss? How about eyewear being able to withstand impact forces? Visit Instron’s YouTube Channel to see our customer’s applications. And, check out Facebook Watch at https://fb.watch/a8ILPde4GP/ for additional video.
Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of components and materials. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
What You Will Do:
The Plastics Market Manager is a key position within the Static Business at Instron (a division of ITW) required to meet and exceed the growth and profitability goals and ensures that the business remains the global leader. The position will be part of the Strategic Marketing team that maintains a strong understanding of customer and industry trends, competitive landscape and product positioning, which will inform the identification of new growth opportunities within the currently served markets. The team also explores new and emerging market opportunities and develops business cases for new products and marketing strategies for existing products.
Employees with a Market Manager title also have the responsibilities of developing and implementing marketing plans to meet bookings and profit targets within a designated target market and providing regular communication, support & training to the global sales and service organizations. They are responsible for driving activities and decisions focused on maintaining Instron’s high level of customer satisfaction.
- Analyzing the assigned market(s) to understand business performance, trends and provide business insights
- Active participation in key industry standards committees (ASTM, ISO)
- Contributes to long range and annual planning
- Ensure the highest level of market knowledge within the business through coordination and centralization of applications information, sales tools and training materials (to be delivered within the team and to sales)
- Leverage market insights for market conditioning of existing and future products
- Coordinate and execute global strategies for assigned market(s)
- Work closely with the marketing/communications team to support Instron as a thought leader in the industry.
- Benchmark competitor activities
- Complete voice of customer (VOC) interviews to understand customer priorities and pain points
- Support targeted selling, core market expansion, and product innovation opportunities
- Role may include the pursuit of strategic partnerships or acquisition opportunities such as sales and technical collaborations, licensing arrangements, acquisition of products from third party companies, or the acquisition of third party entities. The goal of these arrangements is to solidify Instron’s premium brand image while expanding the applications coverage within the market or fill key product gaps.
What You Will Bring:
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to present at all levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated and results oriented with the ability to work independently and in a team environment with ability to easily adapt to change, consistently meet deadlines and excellent follow through.
- Proven ability to conduct research related to customers, industries and competitors that contributed to achieving business objectives.
- A passion for technology and innovation
- A global mindset. Must be culturally aware and be able to build constructive and effective relationships across the organization.
This position offers a competitive salary, hybrid work arrangements, plus the opportunity to take advantage of many trainings and certifications offered by the Company. Enjoy a friendly, modern, fast paced working environment with a goal of individual and team growth.
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.